Wednesday, October 25, 2023

On a break

I have to admit, I am not sure what is going on.  We are on a break, no, not like Ross and Monica.  Youi young people don't get that reference.

I got to talk to Carolyn Rose, and although I saw her last year, it is good to see her back at the shows. She and her daughter are here and loving the show.

Evidently the Performance event, (I have no idea what that is), was going to go before the 4-6 puppies. But, they aren't ready so they are doing the puppies first. Bob's Maturity Maturity Bitch Ch Carlyn's Gunn Brook Falls of Anne-Isle Malibar is a real super star.  National competition is so different from normal shows, and anything can happen, and often does.

I got to talk to Joan Fox for just a bit, she has so much going on and Linda is too busy to talk to anyone.  It is hard to believe what hey did with the baskets. I don't know what one would do if they won one. They are so large, one is in a red wagon. 

There is a lot of milling around and I am back at my  station.  Tony and I are here, but here comes Bob.  I see Michael Cheeks working the crowd and there goes Candy.  I just realized that 4-6 is not part of the classes for the show, so I am not sure what the motivation is to bring puppies to a National at that age.  I see Vicky and Rita in the ring, and Greg is there too, Rita's husband.  I took an instant like to Greg, he is not a shepherd person, but fun to talk to.  I did get to speak to Paul Johnson.

Candy and Connie came by with a puppy with bat wings.  Bat Dog if ever I saw one.

And here they come into the ring. Carolyn came by to sit with me. The dogs and bitches together Carolyn says 19 in there.  I remember when this was a normal class. She excused the bitches and now has nine dogs in there.  

OK, now Vicky is judging.  There are some nice looking pups in there, and no handler's allowed.  It is interesting as you only see the puppies not how the handler wants them to look.  Some of then are well trained and know what they are doing and some have not a clue. That goes for the puppies too.    I do miss handling and being in the ring. But, I miss my Harley, poker games at a penny a point, and black hair.

I was able to say hello to Jennifer Root. I would tell you what I like, but with puppies, I let Tedi tell me what I like. The last male is in there, and then on to the bitches.  I like the way Vickey approaches the puppies.

OK, they are going one by one. Here is my opinion.  No, No, Yes, Yes, No, No, No, Yes!, No, and that's all of them. I know you didn't ask, but that's my opinion.  Yes, she pulls out Don Knight's Levi pup and he is super and they go out of the ring.  

Now here come the clowns, I mean the bitches.  One at a time, and some of them are just nuts.  Females are often like that.  Here comes my opinion again.  To be candid, it is also based on how they are shown, act, and with my true old eyes.  No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes, very nice, the Fasano's pup, No, No, Yes, No, and the last one, Yes.  Now, you can compare with the catalog, but it would need to be very important for you to do that.  

Now they go around and the judge is clapping for them all.  Now she has to pick and first is Belive, the Fasano's bitch.  then Serena, and more to go.

Now in come in the males.  MVP in front. Now they are all there and YES the male is Best 310 and Best Opposite 318.  MVP and the bitch is Your Beariter Believe, and Best Puppy is Wonderland''s MVP jokieV Knight's Gambit and Best Opposite Steadfast You You Beariater Believe V Winsome, my pick from the beginning.  

VERSATILITY COMPETITION.  Tony explained it to me. that evidently there are points for the performance events, then they compete in confirmation, then the winner is presented at the banquet on Saturday.

I will determine if I can figure it out, then I will post. If you don't see anything else from me today, that will indicate I am too confused to type;. There were twenty dogs entered.  No Champions from what I cansee.