Thursday, October 26, 2023

More from the National

Bob and I are separated by the stairs.  Martha is here talking to Bob now. His dog just went second out of three. At least he got a ribbon.  I talked to Jimmie a bit this morning and Gloria is in front of me discussing the world.  I won't listen, that would be rude.  And, you know how politically correct I am at all times. 

We have a half hour break now, so Toni and I are going to go off to find trouble.

In come the 6-9 puppy bitches. Now we will see what Rita is made of.  Of course she did Specials at the National so this shouldn't be a problem.  16 in there.  We used to have classes like that. When I did a Futurity, in the old days when you had to bring the dogs on horse back, I had a class of 19.

I just went with Gloria to get a coffee, and had another corn dog. Lew Bunch is her and Rick Olosky is talking to tony.  Lew is talking to Kelly and Gloria is back watching.  Rita walk the first six.  Rita is resplendent in a full long dress and leggings of the same blue color.  

Al Martin came by and the bitches are going around. Now much excitement, compared to the males. Doing individuals and it is boring.  Rita know what she is doing and always does a great job. I did get to talk to Frank Fasano for a bit and saw Ann Schultz again. Just got to howdy, but didn't shake.  Her bitch just went by with Mikie, Hello It's Me Rosie of Hylowe Edan.

Rita is placing them. The crowd seems underwhelmed.  This is the end of this group and some people like Love at First Sight.  Another group to go.  I like that one too.  And she goes to second.  In front of this group is Here's Your One Chance.  She is a black and I like the second one better but that is not an easy decision.  Out they go and in comes the third group. Five in there and a number out of order due to litter mates.  I sort of like Evbearything I Hoped 4 Winsome.  I don't have to guess who the breeder is.

Rita is looking at them and I see Gloria is back with Joan and Tedi.  I suspect they are talking to me.

Rita sends them to the corner by the entry ring and they keep the bibs, so they are still in the running, or gaiting as it may be.

Now Rita is in the ring by herself.  I see Butch sitting talking to Ben. I think he might do the National next year.

Rita brings in the first group of six. Now the next second group.  And now, the third group.  The first group goes around and Rita looks them over, and walks to the front and tells them to stand back.  She keeps two and dismisses the rest.  Now she takes the second group and they go around.  She keeps Georgie and Lindsey and another and lets the rest go home for now. And not the third group, and she has four keepers so far.  And keeps three and now there are eight.  Sort of line little Indians.  Now she gets rid of one more of the second group. You can't fool Rita, and now there are seven.  Off they go, all seven.  Georgie in third with a black. Autum in front then the rest.  I think there is a lot more judging to do in this class.  Down and back.  Very little crowd reaction.  They like Love at First Sight, but Rita doesn't seem to notice.  She is nice. Both the bitch and Rita, but maybe I repeat myself.

Off they go.  Lindsey is second from the end and I like the bitch from up here.  Now she has Red Ruby in front with Autum and then the black with George and I think that is it.  YES. First is Legacy
s Red ruby, Second is Semar Peter's Here's You One Chance V Raintree Third is Karma's See Yooui Next Tuesday and Fourth is jSeamnar Peters' I CanBuy Myself Flowers V Raintree.

More to come.