Thursday, October 11, 2012

Futurity

Here we go.  The real thing, the National.
 
The ring is empty and we are two minutes past the Club Parade. Bob Grady is here in a yellow suit, and Tony and I are getting the announcer's table in condition.  Bill Bergraff is setting up the ring,a dn it is fully open for the show. A few people are starting to come in, but the show is to start in half an hour, and so far, nothing going on.
 
Yesterday when I walked the dog at 4:00 a.m. the grass snapped under my feet. Today it was above freezing and looks like it might be a better day.
 
I had breakfast with Joyce Ebert, Sam Colven, and Paula Cook.  It is nice that Paula no longer is telling me how many days to the National. When I talked about the four Asgard dogs being shown in Specials, I forget to two Asgard dogs in Veterans, Harley and last year's winner Ch. Asgard's Winter Nights.  So, although we don't have the impact of the Fasanos, who probably have a hundred or so entries, we are well represented.
 
Gary Szymzyk came by. He works all the time at the National, and never seems to stop moving.  Frank is everywhere.  Michele is here now, and had the results out yesterday.  I see Karin Wagner is here now, and I saw Debbie Hokanan at breakfast, and now here too.
 

I think Summer is still asleep. I heard her playing her violin for about an hour last night. It wasn't as soothing as you might think at midnight. Kids.
 
Bobbie is setting a paint line where the dogs should line up for the pictures.  And some of the vendors are starting to open their booths.  I see they are changing the configuration of the ring, taking out the end and moving it in.They are in the Amateur Futurity, and none of the dogs were here, so the Amateur Futurity Bitch was just in, and on to the Amateur Maturity Dogs.  Winner was Devine's Love Bandit. 
 
Now in the ring are the Amateur Maturity, and good looking Mature lady, Bridgelady-hillside's The Mayor and also in the ring is a very young boy, under seven with Scharo's Phoenix Rising V Deray.  What a great contrast.  Cappy looks great in spangles, and Helen is a black and white print jacket, that I would wear.
 
Carmen came by and I see Sandy Anderson talking at ringside.  Twyla came up and sat with me for a while and Bob The Voice Of The National Drescher called to let me know what he thought of the video.
 
The Amateur Maturity Bitch is a youngster the same age as the young boy, or at least from what I can tell. What do I know about kids? 
 
FUTURITY DOGS IN THE RING
 
Seven in the ring, and Helen is watching them.
 
First is Signature's Rocco with Lenny.  Next is Sunrize He's So Fine with Leslie, then Hyulock Geronimo V Wolf Creek with Mike Sherman, then Winsome's Dom Bearignon with Elizabeth Stifferman, and Yoncalla's Cool Hand Luke with JR, Laslar-Candia's Black Bart with Nancy McDonald, and Woodside's El Paso with Zack. 
 
I see Jane Kerner, and I saw Dave Rinke earlier, Frank Fasano is everywhere this morning.  Seleste Draper is wearing an orange jacket, and talking to Pat.  They also made the long drive from California to bring Icon.
 
Elizabeth is in the center with her dog, (I already said who it was), so no need to say anything again.  Helen has a long black dress and looks very classy.  I see Karen Taylor walking by and Bobbie is standing in the ring to film.  Fred Migliore is here not, and looking slimmer.
 
Kris Fasano is watching the dogs and down and back they go.  I saw Leslie in the elevator this morning. This is a great hotel. The staff loves the dogs.   I love the dog Elizabeth has, what a sidegate.  Helen wants her to go again.  Helen moves her up.
 
Kent is standing up here now with a number so he must be going in. I want to see Captain America, Titan and Icon.  I know there are others, but those are the three I am waiting for.  I see Al Martin is here talking to Joey.  Karen Taylor is talking to Kent.
 
JR is out there with Luke, and JR sure has been busy at this show.  It is very quiet, and I am not sure why.  Alex has grown up and I never noticed.  Sue Casey is walking by, with us so high, I can't talk to that many people.  I think most people appreciate that.
 
Dave Lasater is at the ring taking pictures.  She has Nancy up front Zack, Mike, Elizabeth, Lennie, Leslie and JR. they have been arranged.  Helen stands about a foot from the side and has the dogs go though the narrow opening.  Now Helen has the mike. 
 
She wants to talk.  She says temperament is the most important thing in a shepherd.  She is not that concerned with sidegait.  She tells us she placed them as they stand.  She doesn't like the dogs that don't stand.  She is saying why she does what she did, so I guess that is the way they are going to be.  Laslar-Candia's Black Bart  must be the winner.  She hasn't picked by since she is critiquing the dogs, so that is it.  That dog is bred by some of the top breeders in the country.
 
FUTURITY BITCHES
 
There are ten bitches in there.  First is Leslie, then The Guz, Kelly, Kent, Liz, Lennie, Jodi, JR, Hunter, Mike and Zack.  The bitches are Sunrize Black Magic Woman, Lonestar's Bearookly Rose V Erynbrook, (listed as Lodestar's), Windfall's Who Says V Chablis, Phil-Sar's Angel V Wingait, Windfall's Blah Blah Blah Of Chablis, Dephal's I'm Too Sexy, Yoncall's Midnight Surigo Greenleaf, Yoncalla's Magic Carpet Ride, Monarch's Tarragon V Kaleef, and Fonseca's Wicked Wonda.  I will let you match with the handler. It will give you more to do.
 
Leslie up there with an all black. And the rest of them. Now Lennie, and as you can tell, I took a break.
 
I got to talk to Iza for a bit, and I see Al Martin and I talked to Kathy Tank, but she is stressed with Hunter in the ring. Hunter, on the other hand, doesn't care.  The crowd likes Lennie's bitch.  And so do I. Great picture against the white wall. There goes Sheree Moses, and Nancy is in the ring.  I just heard from Summer, she is running errands. Ginnie is going to come up to visit in the tower. She gives her love to all.  I said that very carefully.  Tony is back. It sure is quiet here. Lamar wondered by ahd looked at us and sholk his head.  I see Rita Sandell talking to Al Martin, and Hunter is going around.  Bart Bartley is in front of us and gave a wave. Cindy Bartly is at the end of the ring.
 
There goes Bill Tank. I am waiting for Maturity Dogs. Cappy will judge more on movement than Helen, but she won't allow any bad temperament. Cappy looks great, and it is amazing how she continues to do such a good job. And there goes Gloria. 
 
Cappy is confering with Karin and she has them lined up and they stack the dogs. Cappy is counting them, and so far hasn't moved any.  She is looking them over and takes a step towards them.  She walks over to them and cuts the class to the first five.  Leslie, The Guz, Kelly, Kent and Liz, and off they go.  They use the whole ring and Cappy stands and watches them.  I like the sable Ken has, and Leslie in front with the black is hard to see, but looks like a good one.  Now, she turns to the next group, led by Lennie, Nancy, JR, Huner, Mike and Zack.
 
I like I' Too Sexy, and I think that might be my winner. But, again, no one asked me to judge.  Smart move.  Lennie and Cappy are talking, she might want them slowed down, and yes, they slow down.  A second look, and I feel the same. 
 
Back to the first group.  Cappy stands back and off they go with Leslie in the lead.  And back to the wall.
 
Now the second group again. Cappy crosses her arms and looks them over and give directions.  Off they go again.  Hunter went with them, but she wanted them three at a time, so they go off.  Cindy Tellefson came by to get her brush.  We made her happy. I guess it doesn't take that much.
 
Now Cappy lines them all up and walks back to the front and moves up The Guz and Kelly and pulls out Lenney and walks back to see Nancy go down and back. I suspect she saw something she didn't like.  Now she takes JR down and back.  She moves some of them in the back. Since there is only a winner and the rest, I don't know what difference it makes.  I remember when Ben was given a third in the Maturity. I loved it.  Leslie goes up to the front Black Magic Woman. She moves Windfall's Who Says V Chablis with Kelly and there was some excitement.  Boy is the double handling hot here. There they go and the crowd likes that move and I love that bitch and YES that's it. 
 
I wills end and get back with the rest.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together