Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Puppies at the National

The puppies are in the ring.  4-6   puppies dogs and bitches in together. Cindy Tellefson is in front of me talking to Terri Stout, who bought Red Squirrel.  Ruby went nuts when she saw me.  There are 11 puppies in the ring, Bob Slay is judging.
 
The catalog does not say if they are dogs or bitches, so I guess it is up to the judge.  From my perch atop the ringside, I can't tell. Summer is talking with Tedi and Michelle left Tony and I, and is sitting next to One and only.
 
There aren't many people here yet, but I see the vendors are set up, and the ring is big. I, again am glad I am not trying to run that ring.  Bob takes them in groups of five.
 
Diane Brown is in front of me, and I see that All the handlers have puppies.  It is just Tony and me up on top of the stand.  I think they want to keep us.
 
Bob set two off to the corner, and now he does the individuals.  I love Lone Stare Dezeree of Erynbrook.  Boy, these are nice puppies, and Laurie Stweart just walked by.  Leslie is not in the ring, but here. 
 
The ring has a four foot white drape all around it, and Lennie, Kent and another handler have litermates.  I see Bill tank, and I saw Fred at the breakfast. The hotel give a free breakfast and has someone making omlets.  Lew Buch is here and now Bob Takes the last four, with Kent in front.  All these puppies work, what is wrong with our puppies?
 
Thankfully Bob is only using half he ring.  Summer is wearing one glove.  I think it is something Cindy started.   Now he is done and they are in order except the last one because they are littermates. He has two in front other than the rest that are in catalog order.
Bob goes down the line looking them over, and he takes the first half.
 
It looks like the owners are here only. There they go, and even some applause. He has an all black in front with Jeff Pyle.  There goes Bill Basu working the crowd.
 
Now Bob goes the the last five and looks them over and stands back. They actually stack them.  Bob calls them out one at a time and does a sort of individual.  I see Vivian Brown is here, and Tedi watching and checking her catalog.  I think Bob should have a table, this is hard to judge.  Now out comes Mike with a puppy.  They all wag their tails.  They haven't leaned to be spooky yet.  Mike actually stacks his dog.  Bret Taylor is here, so Karen must be here too.  Bob Grady is in a lime green jacket, I can't see if it is a suit.  Don Knight is here, and no one can talk to us. We are about five feet above the ring.  It sure is strange not have Bob The Voice of The National Drescher here with me.    Joanne just finished and not Scott is in the center.
 
WE are speculating which are dogs and which are bitches.  From up here we can't tell, and they are too young to develop sex charactoristics.    OK I have checked out Bob Grady, and he came to talk to us, and he is wearing brown slacks.  This is an interesting class, especially compared to the Long Coat Class that got one dog and one bitch.  Hunter Tank came by and is alone. His parents can't be far behind.
 
Remember Me Once More just went around, and looks like a real winner. What what do I know? I like what Kent has too, Starlettt O'Hara.  Lots of ear tips flopping, so I don't guess that is a problem.  Tom Mesdag came by to say he was in charge of keeping things moving. Tony and I thanked him, but have no idea what he makes.  He has the black in front, and now the second group.  Glorias Birch is here and Brett is talking to us. 
 
He moves Elite Design to the fron in second he has Dezeree. And off goes the first group in third is Will You Remember Me, he put Elite Design in front and then Starlett O'Hara and they go with the two of them. 
 
Starlett O'Hara was Best and Elite Design Avalon Tokaye was Best Opposite.  It sure was quiet, but fun to look at the puppies.
 
Tony took over the announcing, so I will type and maybe have him do it all.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together