Saturday, October 06, 2012

Saturday and dreaming

I am prepared to travel to the National.  I have done all I can, and now it is up to the weather, the others, and fate.  I am in the office trying to line up the work for a week.
For the first time in years, I did not have to juggle court appearances, and have everything covered. In the past up to the last week, I never knew if I could make it or not.
This started out to be an exciting National. Asgard had four champions entered in the Specials class.
One decided he no longer wants to work in the ring, unless there is a bitch in season.  This is a male.
One went to a new home about a month ago, and decided to blow all her coat.
One is not in condition to be shown, and will not be at the National this year.
One has a handler who injured her foot and is in a boot.
One will travel to the National with us, and go home with new owners to Dallas, Texas.
Welcome to the world of dog shows.
So far none of us are sick, we have finally found rooms at the host hotel, we set a time to leave on Monday, and we have the route planned. 
I have the medals for the Juniors and the plaque for the Dinner to give the winner.  I have the total of the donations, (thanks to everyone who donated and to those who recognized the effort even if they could not join in this year).
It will still be a great show.  I will get to see old friends, make some new ones, marvel at some fantastic German shepherds, share in some wins, feel bad for some loses, and have a great time.
What more could we ask for.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German Shepherds 

http://www.asgardgsd.com
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together