Sunday, October 14, 2012

The last and final post from the National

I am sorry I could not have posted more, but I had three entries in Specials that I wanted to follow. As you know Kirk with Summer is now Select Grand Champion Asgard's Kirkergaard.  Go Summer. 
 
Ruby, aka Red Squirrel made it to the last cut, so for her first National she did well.
 
Next year the judges in order are
 
DAVE RINKE
GLORIA BIRCH
MORTON GOLDFARB
BOB SLAY
CHARLOTTE LAROSA
D D ARDOIN
KATHY POTTER
 
I have to say, that is a great slate of judges.
 
I was sorry Nadine did not get back on as treasurer, but I know how dedicated she was, and that she leaves the books in good shape, and that Bill will be able to take over, and continue on as he did in the past.
 
Kirk and Summer had a great time, and I enjoyed myself. I missed a lot of people, more so Bob, who I used to spend all the time laughing with at the announcer's table.
 
But, next year, I hope to do even better on the announcer's table, and I will consider if the Blog is worth doing, with the streaming video that seems so well accepted.  It is a lot of work, and just describes what was going on, that everyone can see.
 
We raised $2,800 for the Juniors, and I hope to increase that next year. I already got a donation from someone here.
 
I considered buying a home here, just so I wouldn't have to make the drive home. But, we have other dogs to show, a litter due when we get back, and some law stuff to do.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together