Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday morning

Here I am at the arena, and there is no dog show. I guess 7:30 is too early.  I see nine table set up ringside, I suppose that is the luncheon.  I seldom go to those, just because I want to be available to announce if I am needed.

I HEARD IT AT THE NATIONAL, SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

I didn't announce the top 20 or Parade yesterday,so I must have gone home.
FACT  I was so worn out, and I found out you don't wear contacts her when it is this cold, as they tend to dry out.  So I lost it and went home.


They are going to hold the show next year outside all week.
FACT The snow and ice must give pause, (on in this case, paws) to any thoughts of holding the show outside unless it is in Miami.

It was 5 degrees outside this morning.
FACT It was 5 degrees in Denver, but here it was a balmy 19 degrees.

There is a major disagreement between Gary and Gail, as to who has the better five letter name.
FACT The tension and work to coordinate a National is unbelievable.  Gail has the ability to deal with whatever happens, like me being at dinner when she called to ask if I was announcing the Brood Bitch class.  No one told me, but I left, didn't eat my  fortune cookies and made it back to the arena.  I had the cookies for breakfast today. Gary has done a lot of the club while President, and has held together so many factions that want their own special programs.

Flower Boy is going to retire for the third time and work as an assassin. 
FACT Ed has now killed six flies while sitting at the announcer's table and is going to have his hat printed with "Killed six with one blow".

Bill Basu got married.
FACT No one has seen his wife yet, but I knew her before they got married, and I know Bill is no fool, so I will assume it is true.

We have no young people in the sport.
FACT we have so many kids handling now, I feel I have aged out of this sport.

Diane and Tim Brown are just clones of who we used to know.
FACT They just don't age

Gail is never going to do the National again.
FACT She need 13 more years for the pension, and doesn't want to give up the dental plan

We are about to begin, and I have been ordered to pay attention, so more later.