Saturday, October 12, 2019

SELECT DOGS

WOW!  There are about 50 champion German shepherds in the ring.

I got to stand in line for food with Ed Barritt. Now my National is a success. I can take it easy from her on out.

I did get to talk to Rita and Ken, Bob was there, but I have nothing else to say to him, he left me in the cage to do all  the announcing. Tom Mesdag  as always has been a big help because we both listen to what we are told, then do what we want.  I can't imagine how Gail does all this, and still has a smile on her face.

Tim Rutley is here and is Elaine Ross' partner.  We are solving the problem of our respective countries.  Rita continues to do the groups. Leo is in there, and he is a good one.  I have been privileged to see him often.

Greg Stoia is here with us, he came with Rita.  He isn't into dogs, but goes to some shows with her.

Rota is still doing the dog groups, and I am sure the way to handle it, is to wait until the groups are done. Hermes just went around, and that was the Canadian Grand Victor.  I think he might do it here too.  I did get to see Bob, (The Voice of The National), Drescher's dog. I like the looks of him.  Yolonda is going with me to the airport tomorrow, so I can probably find it.  I did get to work with Bob again in announcing AOE winners.  Elaine Ross just came by.

I think Rita is on her last group. I found and returned the fourth I phone of this national.  I have something to be proud of.  Ken Tank is here, and he did a great job. Off go the dogs, and I think Tony is going to be hard to beat. He is beautiful to look at, and moves as we want a dog to move. But, as Ed says, "What do I know?"

The group goes out, and in come some more dogs.  Winner's Dog, so with my superior knowledge of dog shows, I can say that this is the last group.

OK, here we go.  I have no help, so I probably will just post the winners. Candy and Flower Boy have vanished. It might be something I said. 

Only two from the first class, and the one I liked American Rifleman is one of those two.  I love the dog, and miss Jane. Now the second group.  Three, and Agon is in there.  Next group.  Compuss stayed in, and now the next, (third) group.  Tony is kept with another.  New group.  It looks like the last group, if there aren't a bunch of off entries.  No, I am wrong, there are lots more to pick from.  She keep only Olivia with Country Boy, and she has ten so far.  Another group.  One from this group Iluminator, and another.  Yet another group. Is there no end to these dogs.  Al with the Veteran.  

Now there are fifteen.  Rita will look at her dumpsters one more time,but I don't think she missed much. She sends the great dogs out of the ring to look at the good entries.

Now the last five, and on one got a second chance. Fifteen left, and the first group went around. Agon is in that group.  Now the second group again.  Only two groups, and off they go.  

They are all standing and Rita is going to pick. Tony to the Front. Go figure. The Veteran is in fourth.  Illuminator is in second.  She takes seven around. Illuminator is the dog that got loose and was out for a day and a half. His pads are sore, but he looks great.  She puts Levi, the Winner's dog in second. Compass in fourth and Al in fifth.  Take them around again.  Now Compass in third.  Now Rita looks at the rest, who are going to go Select unless they bite her.

Lots of BIG ribbons to give out. She moves none of them, and she goes down the line with her hand on each dog.  A last temperament test.  And they all pass.

Rita says, take them around, and there they go. She gives everyone a good look and wlks to the front, and, and YES Tony is Grand Victor, Canada and the US.