Thursday, October 10, 2019

How not to hold a dog show

The candy is out in front of the announcer cage. I can't do much up here, other than post, watch a dog show and eat candy. Not a bad life.

There is a snow storm outside, the wipers are frozen to the windshield, driving is rough as the roads are ice with a film of snow over them, and between the wind and the snow, you can't see anything.

Yesterday afternoon while Tedi and I were having dinner, I got a call to find out if I would be back in the arena to announce the Stud Dog Brood Bitch class. I didn't know about it,and after I finished my presentation on what to do to protect your dogs when you die, (what do you care, you're dead), we left and then went to dinner.  I rushed back and had the pleasure to showing how far the breed had gone.  We have better and better dogs each year.

Summer and her mother are coming in tonight. I hope the roads are clear. She started college last year, and will graduate this year. She had so many college credits from highschool, that there was not that much need to get her degree.

We still have an hour and a half before the show. I heard the Grangers lost a dog at the Residence Inn in Loveland, so if you can, keep an eye out.  Last night there was a lot of rain, lightening and thunder, and now the snow. What a terrible thing to have to deal with.

There is heat in the barn area, but not in the arena.  It is cold for me, but probably great for the dogs. I see Diane working a black dog.  There are maybe 10 people here now, including me.  But, I would rather be inside, so it works for me.