Tuesday, October 08, 2019

National, all the news that's fit to print

I understand my first Blog, yesterday, didn't go.  Zoe is working on it for me, so maybe this one will get out.

I just finished a trial before the National. It was in San Bernardino, and we were in a jury trial from 10:00 each morning to 4:00 each afternoon. So, I was i in the office from six to eight, then drove to the Court two hours, and in the afternoon did the same and was in the office from six to eight each evening.  In case anyone says anything, yes, I did lose some weight.
 
The reason I mention it, is that it was a trial over the death of a 14 year old boy who was run down and killed on the way to school.  The Town of Apple Valley set the speed limit next to the school at 55 mph.  I represented the mother and another firm represented the father, they were divorced.  

The jury awarded $60,000,000.  So, I was waiting for a Motion to reduce the verdict and a Motion for a new trial.  I feel confident I can win those Motions.

Last night when we got back from dinner I had notice of a hearing tomorrow, today, for a Motion, that I could not read.  I tried everything, and finally sent a message to be read this morning by my office manager to call the Court to say I was out of town and to hold off any ruling for me to get back.

About 2:00 am this morning I figured out how to open the motions, and found out they were just asking or an extra 10 days to file their Motion.

I also found out the post I sent yesterday didn't go, but The Famous Linda Battistoni can send it on, since I sent it to her.

I hate it when work interferes with my dog shows.

Tedi and I ate at Bone Fish last night. I will say it was like my 60 year high school reunion.  It didn't suck. I wouldn't recommend it, but it was OK.

I will try to post from the show today.  But, I can't promise anything.

Evan