Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Time for a dog show, Futurity dogs

We had no power for the microphones.  Shirley came by and they are in the ring without me. I am not necessary, and I am not needed.  Everything I typed before is gone.  I seem to remember a way to bring it back but I think John Ayotte showed me that, and I forgot. We have no walkie talkies, so Tom is using a runner to tell me where to go.  Not that he didn't know how to do that.  The dog She Rocks, and he is a good looking masculine dog.

Lots of flys in her King Kong, but between Ed and I, we have limited vision as to numbers.  very calm  so far, and just Ken doing his thing
Now Olivia with Remember When. I did get to say hello to Olivia yesterday. I sure miss so many who are not here.  Tom is talking to Dave, and Jeff with Venom, a black. I wish I could see the blacks better.  I have always wanted to put one up.  I remember Phantom, and always like that dog, and now Maybe I am Amazed, with Lennie.  Another black, and he can move.  

You know we have so many different judges, but the quality is amazing.

In the center Drogon of Gar.  I don't know these dogs, but I often don't know my own dogs so that isn't unusual.  Ed doesn't know the handler, and I can't see that far.  The crowd likes that dog.  I can see why.

The sound of silence.

Mike, Ed calls him Mikie, I am trying to avoid that.  He has Pleasebear, clearly a Frasano dog. Good looking dog,

Bill Basu has Rancho. That is a nice young dog, and I have seen him before He is an Agon son, and of course Agon was Grand Victor in Canada a year ago.  Bill still looks good in the ring, but a lot more gray hair than I am used to. That is a good one, and going to be hard to beat.

Now the individuals are done and Ken takes the first four, at a walk. The handlers do it, but the dogs want to go. Diane in front, and Olivia  in the back.  

Now Ken takes the second group with two blacks in front and five in this group.

Now the first group again.  Ken goes to Tom and now back to the second group and takes them around again, and another pass, walking. Jeff in front and Bill in the back. Now they loine up, and Ken walks to the front, and looks them all over, nine to consider.f  He walks the line stacked, and he sets the back five aside again and the first group makes the third pass. Now the second group, again, walking.  Ken stopes them and pull Mike up and puts Olivia on second..  
hg, In front now is King Kong, and that is the Winner  Tudor Haus Trio King Kong.  Ken is placing four and that is new placing them.

On to the next class.