Thursday, October 10, 2019

Now it begins

Today is the day the show begins.  It is going to be exciting, and even after over 40 years of Nationals, there is still a bit of new experiences.

Last night as Tedi and I were having dinner, I got a call from Gail asking if I was going to be there to announce the Stud Dog Brood Bitch Class, starting in five minutes.  I missed the schedule, (I didn't have one), so I raced back in time to do it.  What a spectacular exhibit it was.  The one thing that struck me was the performance bitch whose progeny then went on to show their progeny. It is no longer a conformation dog that wasn't good enough for show being put in performance. The intellegence and abilities of the dogs now being bred for performance work was clear.

Hallie and I did get to present a program on what do to protect our dogs after we die.  No one died during the program, so that was a good thing. It was filmed and I guess will be posted some place. I know, I for one always enjoy watching myself.

Summer and her mother are coming in tonight. Summer started college last year and will graduate this year.She had so many AP classes that she entered college as a Junior.  I was unable to convince her not to do so, but she took the LSAT and will enroll in law school.  At least she doesn't want to be an attorney, but she wants the degree.

Today will be fun. Flower Boy  is doing a great job backing me up, and Candy is going to help me spot on Saturday.

I will post again from the arena, not to wake Tedi and head out, in the snow, ice, wind and sleet.  Show dogs are my life.

Evan