Friday, September 30, 2011

Early on Friday

Here I am at an empty arena. It is about 6:00 a.m. when I got started today and now about an hour before show time. No one is here except you and me.  I see the video people are starting to get here, they work every minute.
 
I reflected on the show, and so far it is a good national. Some joy, some tragedy, a bit of controversy and over all just another dog show.
 
I saw Molly last night and she offered to give Summer some tips, so that is another good thing. I talked to Jim York and before I left California I tried to resolve some problems with one of the Texas clubs, I think I got it done. I also sent off a letter yesterday from the law office to stop someone from getting involved with an award for Daphane Herford and Rin Tin Tin.  I hope it worked.
 
I was able to write some letters yesterday and send them to the office to get them sent, this is a great invention this internet.
 
I was sorry Zoe is not on the board and I understand Frank is our new president. It should be interesting to see if he can contain the spending and losses and take the club in his direction. He sure is having a great national, and I look forward to getting behind him and working toward the future of our club.
 
I didn't attend the meetings. The days are long enough without that too. When I was younger we used to stay out until the early mornings, but so far it seems like the days are too long as they are. I saw Sally Sedgwick last night with Paula, and Paula gave me the keys to Tedi's van and we checked out the organ. It is even nicer than I remembered it. Harley looks good and it will be nice to see him in the ring again. Tony just got here, and he is another who comes early.
 
It now is starting to look like a show now as they drag in. It is lucky that Specials are so exciting, as we would be all done by Friday night.  The big dogs come in today with American Bred and so I expect some energy as well.  Both Bob and Rita are moving it along and giving everyone a good look.
 
Half an hour to show time, and I am jazzed.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together