Thursday, September 29, 2011

Reflections

The first day went well. Karen did a good job, got the best dogs up, and the mood at the ring was up-beat.  The location is as good as it can get. Everyone at the hotel is helpful and the arena staff seem to want to do whatever it takes.
 
I did think the snack bar at the arena leaves a bit to be desired. I saw Bug getting a hot dog and waited to see if it was any good. He took one bite and threw it away. But the hotel is a short walk and they have a number of places to eat.
 
We wanted to find out about Topeka, so we ate lunch at a Pizza Hut and for dinner went to Outback.  It seems just as if we were home.
 
I joined Summer in the pool and then the weight room.  I saw Ed for just a minute, Jack and MaryLou Newton got in and Bob (The Voice of The National) was in the bar last night, so it will be a full house at the table.  I guess Michel will be in this afternoon, he had some commitments. I did talk to Georgie a bit yesterday and there are a number of people that came in last night that will be at the ring.
 
Tedi and I won't be in our assigned seats at all. They are at the very top of the arena, and that wasn't a good plan. But, the rooms are as good as they could get, we got done about 4 yesterday and Kirk is laying next to me on the bed.
 
So far, life is good and today is another day.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together