Thursday, September 29, 2011

In the beginning

Here we are again.  Rodger and Sharron are here talking to Bob and I. Summer just got here so we are ready to go. The clubs are gathering for the parade, and so far only the workers are here.  Tony is here too, and Bobbie dressed to film.  Tom Brown is here early, and I see that Dean Wylie is selling catalogues too.  I see Nadine Grady is already working with Mimi, and I saw Iliana and the Kishs are here. Bothed dressed up and I think only one is judging this day. 
 
Lew is here and ready to go in for the parade. Bob is in the ring talking to Bob Grady who is in dark red. I think he saves the white suit for Saturday.  There are three beautiful sisters who are going to sing. They are from San Antonia, and really impressive.  Jacqueline is taping the singing and they are in the ring with a German shepherd.
 
The Montoyfull sisters. What a great singing and what fabulous looking young ladies. Bob and I have some comments to make, but we are restraining ourselves.  Bob Kish came by and said hello to us.  In come the clubs. 
 
Now the Herding winners.  Dixie was the big winner.  I was asked to use the full names, but I don't have time so you have to depend on Michel to do the catalogs and winners.  Kathy Potter is here and I have high hopes for Kobe. He has a great head shot on the back cover of the catalogue. 
In the catalog there are no numbers for the entries, so this will be a challenge. Bob knows most of the dogs, so that might work out.  Rita is in a gold dress with a top. They are delaying so that they can put numbers in the judge's book.  Rita does look great. I am one of the few people that knows her age. But, I am so old, I have forgotten.
 
Alex is over at the ready ring, so he must have just gotten here.  The stands are starting to fill in, and in the amateur there are now a couple of dogs in the ring. They are having trouble getting it organized.  This is the second time they haven't had numbers for the entries.  I think they are ready now, so here we go.
 
Just one in there.  A young woman, and I have no idea who it is. The dog is wired and Rita is waiting to see what he does.  Now Bob is in the ring for bitches.  One in the ring.  Now the winners with Bob to pick.   Only two were shown.  Everyone is upset because there are no numbers in the catalog, so we don't know who it is.  OK, the winners are picked.  We have no idea who they are, but it is two lovely women.
 
The Guz is here and saying hello to Bob.  Now on to the amateur Maturity.  It is between Val Manning and Jamie Vanderkoi.  Remember, I do not vouch for spelling.  I think they are feeling the burn about now. Bob keeps them moving and gives Best to Val, and they are both winners.  That is a regular ribbon and Summer says she wants one like that.  Bob is filming right in front of us.  The Bobs are right in front of me talking now. 
 
I understand that we won't get done with this for another hour. While I appreciate that people enjoy the win, it is a lot of time for just this.  Bart is here now, and working the crowd.  I see Gary Szymzyk talking to Danny Dwier. 
 
Big sign that says Don & Ingred We miss you Go Trouper.  Don Smith had double knee surgery and we all miss him.  Paula.  Nothing to say about her, just want her to have to search the Blog.
 
Amateur Maturity Dogs in the ring. Two in the ring.  I miss the Tanks, it isn't the same without them.  Leslie is here talking to Summer, and promises to give her hints.  Art Sinclair just got here and is dressed to win.  I se Tedi is talking to Ann Schultz.  I see Jimmie too. 
 
Tony is helping me with numbers and in the ring are two people I don't know.  Sherell is here with a dog.  I see Bill Basu is here too.  The winner is Leibchen's Eine Kleine Nacht Musik.  Thank you Tony.  They are both breathing hard, and there they go, last time, I think.   And yest, the male wins and second if the female.  Kathy Estrada wins.  Kris Frasano is here now, with another good looking bitch.  I can't name the winner's since they had no numbers and I can't tell who they are.  Not my fault.
 
Tony came by to tell me the winner's dog was Liebchien's Clair D Lune and the Bitch is Norhause DCT Floating ON Air Trebe Nobe.  Now to Best and Best Opposite.  Bob says, "take them around together."  The judge is right in front of me and he picks the Bitch.   Pam O'Delll is here and has a great necklace.  She is taking ballroom and Latin dancing. How cool is that?
 
 
 
On to the Futurity. 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together