Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bred By Bitches

American Bred Bitches, and this is the last group of the day. We are getting punchy up here, so it is good we are about done.  Cappy is talking to Martha Rinke.  Thirteen in there, an unlucky number for nine of them.
 
AND THEY WALK.  Bob isn't interesting any more.  They are going to let people work their dogs in the ring tonight after the show. But the favorite time of mine is on Friday night when all the champions come in, not groomed, and we get to see them without show poses, or handlers. I will never forget the year I was having such a great time looking at the dogs and bitches, and then in came a dog that blew my mind. After seeing him for about two minutes, I knew he would be impossible to beat for Grand Victor. That was Army.
 
Morton is doing his thing and each dog gets an individual exam. I guess we should expect that from judging. It is no surprise.
 
There is a bench show committee.  Evidently someone got bit in obedience.  I think they would take away the degree.  If I find out what happens, and it is not likely, as they keep me ignorant if they can, I will let everyone know.
 
If anyone is still interested, Morton is still judging.  He is still doing the individuals, and there goes Olivia, and up comes Kent.  Art Sinclair is here and talking to the crowd.  I see it is Lenny going around and Sylvain is up next. The crowd likes that bitch. 
 
Now Morton is on the last bitch, and when the class is over, they will water the grass and then work the dogs in the ring. Morton is checking his notes, and going down the line, he drops his notebook, and tells them to walk.  Off goes the whole class. All of them dreaming of going Winner's Bitch, and Grand Victrix.  But, the odds are against it. But, anything could happen.  Lew Bunch just got here.  Lew said he likes the Blog, an d I am not sure why, but it still is fun for me. And they stop in the ring, and there they go again.  They run and Morton looks them over.  And, there they go, walking again.   Morton is walking them again, but moving them as they go.  The second half of the class.  American Celebrety in front. Now Kelly moves to the front.  I remember Goldbecker who did that, and now Sylvain goes to the front. They want me to buy a raffle ticket, and maybe if I just keep typing I won't have to buy one. 
 
Morton is talking about how good his class is, he says they are very good and lines them up in the center.  Morton says what he likes about them and points it out.
 
First is Signature's Bali, Second is Phil-Car's Bitsy Adams, Third is Von Hornberger's Chardonnay, and Fourth is Foothills Looking So Goo O Banjo. I write em as I see em, so if there is a typo, it is not me.
 
I never make a mistake, and now on to another evening of fun and frolic.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together