Saturday, October 12, 2013

First thing Saturday with no dogs

Well here we go. The BIG DAY!
 
Me and Bob Lindsey and Paublo are here. There is no one else in the ring. 
 
I have seen so many of my old friends.  Bob Eaton, Doug Crane, Debbie Hokanan, just to name a few. Then there are people like Dave Rinke and Martha, Dan Smith, even those who I talk to but never see like Lana Lee, Bob Drescher, and so many others. I miss Twyla Miner, The Tanks, and those who stayed home for one reason or another.  Where is Bobbie Kindy, and I did get to see Carolyn Martello, but just for a minute.
 
A little drama here, they carried in China to the ring, Gloria and Leslie collided and bumped heads, Bud Drew fell, and Vivian Brown fell land broke some ribs. But, everyone is still here, sharing a laugh and meeting each other and new friends.
 
I gave out the gold and sliver pin to each Junior who is entered and so they could wear it all during the show. At breakfast a woman came next to me and mentioned how upset her grand daughter was, she had lost her pin. I leaned over and handed her another. Those are the things that make a national fun.
 
Sandy Lindsey just got here and is packing in the supplies for Bobby.  Cathy Potter and Sam Colvin just got here.   In walks Ann Schultz with lots of dreams, and my hopes too.
 
Here comes Al Martin.  They moved Exxon last night, and he is getting a lot of attention.  There is no power yet, but I am running on battery power, and so is my computer.  The video people are back and the platform is gone.  We are still working off a generator, since the power in here is not enough for the video and the rest of us.  Mike McCory is here trying to find solutions to no platform for the video.  They may be on the floor, so maybe I can see the show.
 
I don't have a spotter yet, I have burned everyone out. Harley came by with Paula on the lead.  Tim Brown came by and talked about hot dogs and how good they are.  I hear the program last night was interesting but long.  I don't get to talk to Paula enogh, even if we are in California together. 
 
We just made a good move.  We moved our table up a level, and I can actually see.  It was a group decision, and this is what Lana Lee first suggested. Cindy Tellefson came by to see if we needed any help.  Evidently Paula wants more mention, but she doesn't do anything to talk about.
 
I just figured out that Lana Lee reads the Blog.   Now I have to be more careful what I say.  I saw Tim and Diane Brown with the cutest kid as I was leaving the hotel. They seem to mange at the dog show like us childless people. I can't imagine how they do that. The arena is filling up, and it is starting to look like a dog show.  I see Nancy McDonald and she will have Icon, and Bill Basu will have Ruby.  I hope one of them goes Select, but that is what all 80 of us hope isn't it?
 
The complaints are so much less for Bob Lana Lee and myself aren't doing as much to make people mad. But, of course, the day isn't over. Here comes Gary Schimshack with two massive silver trophies. Now Bob (The Voice of the National) is here, so it is time.  Ann Schultz is showing off her sweatshirt and Bob brought his own water.  Kris Fasano came by with her red, white and blue hat.  Frank keeps changing from a suit to his regular clothes.  Bill Leonard is talking to Bob in front of me, and I won't listen.  But, he is bitching about the quality. He is more of a half empty type of guy.  Kelly is here and in comes the clowns. Not Kelly, by the way.
 
I see Pat and Celeste sitting with Alex.  They own Exxon and Grand Champion Asgard's Icon. I keep getting the names mixed up, since they are both about the same size. Julie Dagan is here giving information to Bob (The Voice of The National).  I see Bart Barkley is in the ring.
 
Lana Lee just told me that the show starts at nine.  CRAP!
 
I am sending this then going to take a nap.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together