Friday, October 11, 2013

Long Coated Bitch

Here we are, another day.  It is a quiet day here, LanaLee and Bob, (The.............) are here with Michel. We get here early and DD just came by to mention it.
 
I saw Tim Brown already, and it is ten minutes to show time.
 
I found out from yesterday no one got bitten. There was a full hearing, and no marks or blood.  It is interesting to see what goes on. I wonder how big the bump is on Gloria's head.  I doubt Leslie is hurt, she is very hard headed, or at least that is what I have been told. Cappy is here with Alice, and she looks so much stronger today.
 
I replenished the candy bowl. For those who don't come to the National, I keep a bowl filled with candy.  That is why towards the end of the day you would notice a clear sugar rush.  I am looking forward to today, as only two classes. But they are big classes, then a presentation of the Parade.  I may get a chance to go out to see some of the other events. I would love to see them.
 
Don't tell anyone but I miss Summer and hate living without a dog.  Harley will be in today, and I am looking forward to it.
 
The National Anthem was incredible.  I wish I knew who was singing it, she is a real treat.  It reminds me of Christine when she did it.  I heard a couple of weeks back that Christine opened for Kid Rock in Vegas. She is working a rock band under the name of Christine Chris, and I have seen the act. She is fantastic, and if it works out, will be a real star.
 
It is 8:00 and there are less than 100 people in the arena.  They start with Coated Open Dog.  They just did the Canadian Anthem and I think that is inspiring. 
 
I understand at the Annual meeting they voted down the by-law change for obedience dogs. I didn't follow it too closely, but I think it was going to allow three legged dogs with a docked tail from getting a parent club award in obedience, or something like that.   I know nothing about performance, other than I get criticized for mine often and strongly.
 
I am talking to Dorothy Lynn, who is another who never ages. Theresa Royer is going to call me. I hope she isn't mad at me. Ann Schultz came by to get her ROM pin. You have to wonder why she still bothers.
 
Evidently Morton thought they were going to do Open Dogs first, and then the Long Coated Dogs and Bitches.  Not so.  So, as it turns out, Morton was eating breakfast, so we are waiting.   It is almost quarter to nine, and MORTON IS IN THE BUILDING.
 
Here we go.
 
Candy and Lindsey are here and counted seven bitches in there.  I didn't understand why there was only one male and seven bitches.  I finally let my brain do some work, and realized there is no reason to keep a coated male.  And if anyone cares, Ann Schultz has a coated bitch that blows me away. I loved her a year ago when I saw her. She isn't being shown, but she is everything anyone would want in a German shepherd. I just learned that she is No Laughing Matter of Edan, Kobe's mother. 
 
Morton has his notebook and is making notes. More people coming in.
 
This is a great class, and I guess you would not keep a coated bitch unless it was special.  I love these bitches.  Linda More just walked through the "Very Special Area" for the announcers. It is chained off to protect the video equipment. This is the first time we have been with LanaLee.    Big Dave just came by, and Debby Hokanan claimed the earring that was turned in.
 
Bitches walking and walking and walking.  Bill Leonard came by to pitch his CD of the German shows. 
 
Diane Brown is in there. I love that bitch.  I wish I knew more about some of these, but that would require me to read the catalog and I don't want to learn anything new. My brain filled up in 1989 and since then, when I learn something new, I lose something old. Last night I had to forget my 7th grade locker combination.
 
They they go, and Morton wants them to walk, but it is an awful fast walk. Now President Frank Fasano is here, and he did a good job to win his class in the ring. 
 
They stack and Morton makes notes on each one.  Jamie Klute is in front, but there are a bunch of Juniors there, so I am not going to try the names. 
 
He is picking them and in front is Waiting To Exhale, then the one I love, with Diane.
 
First is Makintrax Waiting To Exhale, Second is Braunhaus Gretta V Kruchenbert, Third is Kana Haus Waodain's Britany, and Fourth is Kimberlite's Arabian Night Princess HT
 
 
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together