Saturday, October 12, 2013

What I know so far

HERE COME THE GIRLS.
 
This should be fun, I have high hopes for Ruby.
 
I went to the Gold Page lunch. That is the first time I ate filet migon on paper plates with plastic silver ware. It was good, but unusual.  It came from the same vendor who has the hot dogs.  I may get one more before the show is over. 
 
Okay, to the first group. This is going to be painful to me. I have little interest. I guess because I have nothing in there, and it is always about me.  I suspect there will be a number of fantastic bitches, but since I can't breed to them, it isn't important to me.
 
Dave walks them for the first pass.  And he says "please". It is nice to have a polite judge.  Individuals.
 
We had lunch with Cappy and Gloria, Dr. Alice, Jane Kerner and Pam Stoesser. It is hard to find a group that laughs more than that.  There are a lot of nice bitches here.
 
Dave says this is an honor to be here. He said this is the best group of bitches he has ever seen and that is only after his first group. I agree with him.  This first group os astonishing.  I like Yada Yada Yada, but there are a number of bitches just as good. Maybe the other five groups have nothing good in them. Dave says, take them around and out, nice and easy.
 
In comes another group.  I want to mention Paula Cook . Not that she has done anything, but she likes to see her name, frankly, I don't care.
 
Dave is doing his thing.  It is an amazing display of bitches. Anyone who says our breed is in trouble, or that we have bred into a corner, had to see those males, and these bitches.  I know this is the best of the best, but it is so much better than I have seen in 40 years of watching National shows.
 
We are only into the second group.   I hope if you are home, you have the video, and if not, get the archives.  You can buy the archives after the show, even if you didn't watch it. Between that, and the tapes that Bobby does, you will see the whole show. 
 
The group is done and Dave is checking his notes, not adding anything and sends them around again. Another group is waiting. I did like what Kent was handling.
 
This is amazing.  People are coming up to buy dinner tickets, then up they come to sell them.  I am trying to coordinate it, but it is not easy.
 
These tickets are getting to be crazy. People are paying me, and handing me tickets, and buying them as fast as I can sell them. In comes a new group.  Martha Rinke just tole me that there are two people that like my Blog. That is one more than the last time I checked. Everyone is a critic.
 
But Tim Brown said he likes what I say on it.  But then again, what does he know?  On the other hand, he married Diane, so I have lots of respect for him, and I won't talk about her decision.
 
Halston is in there, and she is one I do like.  She has been my favorite for years now.   That is another group, and another ready to go.  I think Ruby is going to lead the next group.  But I am not sure.  If I read it right, the crowd is behind a bitch with a history, such as already going Select.
 
Ruby just went around. She looked great, but what the hell do I know.  I am trading dinner tickets for money. So far I have more to sell than I have buyers.  Man, the quality is unbelievable.  I thought it was great in dogs, but this is even more so.
 
I don't see Martha Simonet, and I always enjoy talking to her.  I know it is a long drive, but if Jane Kerner can do it, so can Martha.  That's the end of the class, and Dave walks over to them. Now Bob (The Voice of The National) is back.  Off goes the class, Nice and Easy, as Big Dave looks them over, and only the first four.  Dave makes some notes on just a few, looks them over and makes another note, and I think he is marking numbers.  "Use the whole ring" and off they go. 
 
Dave is walking to the ring opening, and in comes the last group, with the Winner's Bitch, etc.  We are about ready for the unkindest cut of all.  Eight in there, and there are problems with the streaming video. Everyone is working on it, and calling the main feed in Nebraska.  They are on the phones trying to fix it.
 
I have to tell you, no one works harder than Lana Lee, and Bob (The Voice of The National), except for me of course.  I want Bob to get part of the National next year, to get rid of him at this table. He is always interrupting Lana Lee and me.  On the other hand, I intend to have Flower Boy here next year, and maybe I can stay home and sort out my sock drawer.
 
Dania is here talking to Lana Lee, the crowd is ready for something to happen.  We ran out of candy, and I'm afraid to leave the stand, as I might miss some of the individual exams.  I just went and put my arm around Yada Yada Yada.  I would suspect her and Halston will be in the top five.
 
Done now with the last group, so now it begins.
 
Dave stands way back, takes out his notes and off they go, still dreaming.
 
Dave looks them over making notes on just a few of them.  They go out, now he will bring in the first group and start destroying dreams and wishes. In they come.  
 
He pulls Roc My World, Yada Yada Yada, aui, Pochontas and off go the others.  New group.  Off they go, still hopeful but not for long.   Paula, (just to excite her).
 
Tortolla, Rumor Has It, and Cruz'n Trouble.  New group, same results.
 
"Slow then down"
 
He pulls Ariel, Nobe Ca-She Katharine Hepburn, Oh My and Bearkooklyn.  A new group.
 
Only from that group Black Magic and Halston. I knew Halston would be in there, and now the last group. Is Dave going to dash my hopes with Ruby too.  I will let you all know when it is over, but I will know in a few minutes.  I told Bill to slow her down, but no one listens to me,
 
Honey Crisp; and Love is in the Air and now another group, and I guess Ruby didn't please Dave as much as she did me.
 
Around they go, and who stays in nobody knows, but Dave.
 
Dirty Look, Who Sayha V Chablis, Bali and Fun and Games, and then there were twenty.
 
In front is Roc My World then Cruz' Trouble, Tell Me Something I don't Know, Tortollia, and some more. This hard since they are still being judges, and there is another half of the entry standing off to the side.  He moves Tortollia up two places.  There goes Yada, and let's see how she looks.  That is a loose lead and Dave looks at his group and pulls her out and puts her in fourth.
 
Still in the first group.  He takes Kent and puts her in fourth in front of Yada.  He wants them to stay that way and stop down at the end, and now for his second group.
 
Last group goes around and they have a mess with the video. It is Chlemintine, Black Magic Woman, Halston, Katherine Hepburn and some others. How important is this pass?
 
Jimmie is at the end of the line with Arial.  There goes Halston.  She looks good to me.  Maybe if someone asks me to judge they can listen to me, Dave calls her and puts her in second.  Love is in The Air and nothing doing with her, and now Bearookly.  Dave looks at her, and leaves her next to last, and now Jimmie with Ariel. He leaves him there and the class the way it is.
 
Dave yells "Easy" and thre they go.  Out comes the other group.  Dave checks that group, leaves them as they are and looks over the other keepers, just for a little while more.  Off they go, Whole Ring Please, Slow Down.  Which does he want, he can't want both?
 
Dirty Looks goes around.  A Black with Sylvain.  Dave looks and pulls her to second.  Who Says takes the lap and she is fired up.  Dave watches her and Puts her in third.  Al goes with his bitch and here goes Abbey with hers and Dave leaves her where she is.  He looks over these six and pulls Abby up to fourth.  That is Bali, the Winner's Bitch. 
 
They may have resolved the Video, a lot of hard work. 
 
Still twenty one in there.   Dave pulls Roc My World, Pochantas, Tortollia and now he takes the next four.   He keeps five.  Now he moves the second group.  He pulls Clementine, Halston, Katherine Hepburn, and Black Magic Woman, and moves he rest of them.  Seven still dreaming.  Six to choose from. Honey Crisp, Rhyme, Rhume, and Dirty look.  Dave looks at the about to be dismissed.  Some good ones in there, but I don't think there is much hope left.  He keeps Yada, Yada, Yada, Maui, Cruz'n Trouple. Now there are 16.  Bob says 15, and either he or Lana are wrong. I don't care.  He takes eight around.
 
He moves Clemintine to fifth, I am sure Christy is thrilled. And tells them to walk.  Roc My World is in front for a minute, then he moves Halston in front with Pochantis in second.  I know I spelled it wrong but I just don't give a shit right now. And he works the back of the class, six left. I don't think Dave will go with 15, but he could, the quality is that strong.  Maui to fourth in this group. I guess there is some joy in that, being fourth at the end of the line.
 
Now the top onesk with Halston going up to the lead then Maui, Pochohontas, then some more. My eyes are failing and I am depending on Lana Lee who is working on the video.  Dave sets the first seven aside, and takes the rest.  Eight more.  He gives them all a good look and moves to them.  They stack and Dave looks at them, and is about to make someone happy. Isn't that all we ask for, he pulls up Yada Yada Yada to fourth in that group which would make her 11th Select if my figures are correct. He lines them all up. What a group of bitches.  Still 15. 
 
Dave works from Chlemintine  back for the rest of them. 
 
He moves them back without dismissing anyone. I think he will go 15. And now for the first group. The first seven and the winners and I think it is going to stay that way. They stack up and he moves Honey Crisp to third and he sends back the first four and looks at the last three.  This is like picking the best beauty queen from all the past winners.  He moves Who Says to second in his second half.  Now the lead bitches with Halston in front.   I have loved her for years, and thought she would win last year.  Oh no, another change.  He sets one aside.  Now there are three. No way to pick one from the other Halston down and back.  Roc My World, and now Honey Crisp, down and back. They all look clean from here.  He moves Honey Crisp up one, and wants them each to lead one time.   Honey Crisp in front.  Dave said th ring go smaller again, and Halston goes u to the front again, and it is her and Roc My World, the two of them being evaluated. 
 
MOVE EM, USE THE WHOLE RING, NO RACING SLOW EM DOWN.
 
wow WHAT A CROWD REACTION. AND YES THAT IS IT!  Very exciting.
 
1.  Halston
 
2.  Roc My World
 
3.  OK, I don't have the finals, so here is what I have so far.
 
I am losing interest or exhausted. I am not sure which. 
 
 
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together