Friday, October 11, 2013

Open Dogs

In come the Open Males, and what a group of mature dogs.   It gets better each day, and now the real dogs.
 
I see a couple that are fantastic, and the rest look good.  She is working the first half and they sure are males. Great heads, and deep bodies.
 
Gloria is working the first group.  I got to talk to Jimmy and Butch Loeb as we were watching them. They have some insight for me. Gloria walks down the line touching each of them, and on one goes down the tail.  She is giving instructions and Slyvain is leading the group. His dog went fourth Select in Canada, and is a handsome dog.  I like the side movement as well.  There is a sable in there that I like, but for a bit of a lift in front. Otherwise he is an easy winner.
 
Gloria wants to see Al with a Black take a lap by himself.   It is Star Wars.  He is at the end of the line now, evidently she saw something she didn't like.  There they all go at a trot. Gloria is looking great today, no lump from the crash yesterday.
 
She walks down, and then sends the out, for the next group, led by Lenny.  People are coming to get their ROM pins, and Gloria is judging. And off they go.
 
That white wall is great. If you didn't get reserved seats, or sneak in to sit here, you miss the best view.  The first out is Malawi Kaleef Von Loar, Peggy Kirtz' dog.  I have seen him before and he is all male, and a good one. I thought it was just he was the first in the group, and I liked what I saw, but he seems to be one of the best in there. 
 
Now another dog for her to judge. I guess if you are judgmental this is a good job.  This is Fraizer, a Bi, but almost a black. Deck The Halls, and he is a High Voltage son. That is a great looking black. 
 
Sam I Am.  I love his son, Exxon, as everyone who is reading this drivil knows.   He didn't stand, but I know the dog, but he has to be judged on this day. 
 
Call To Arms, a Honky Tonk son.  And, now Leslie with a dark Bi, Kenya I Can.  Suzie Whitmer's dog. Suzie is here and I spoke to her for a minute. I had an interpreter. That is an inside joke between me and Suzie.  Tedi knows.
 
They line up, this time by us. I like that. With my eyes, I can't see the other side of the ring, and off they go.  I like one in there, not so much the others. But, no one asked me to judge which shows how bright our membership is.
 
They line up on the other side of the ring again. I do need to talk to Dorothy.  It is all about me, or it should be. Ed Barritt is here now, so we can feel secure.
 
The crowd has woken up, and there is some noise.  Most of it from the double handlers, bell, whistles, screams and just yells. 
 
Now she brings out the first group, and I like the first one.  Now LanaLee, Bob and I are discussing what we would have done, had we got elected. I hope Bob does get it next year.  Mostly so I can try to bribe him.  You notice I have said nothing bad about him yet.  Too bad I won't know about the election untill after I get done typing. 
 
Michel has a good one in there with Zac, and we all three agree.  That is Gambino.
 
Gloria put Leslie in front, then Sean, then Phillp,, and she takes Jac to the front. Gabino does look great.  She moves Take It To The Limit to third.  Leslie has Kenya.  They all line up and she moves Abby up one, and off go the rest, and right out of the ring, with three of them.  Now there are eight.
 
Zac in front, Abby, George and Leslie. I missed a move. The Story Of My Life.
 
It is so nice to see mature dogs, and George goes to second with Thunder Road.  An Aries son.
 
I think she is looking for a fourth.  The first three stand out, and she does need a fourth, not for bridge. Oh, wait a minute. I used that joke yesterday.  Well, what the hell, maybe you have forgotten. I didn't.  Gloria is taking the end of her class down and back. The crowd is trying to influence her, and it isn't going to work. I know the judge.
 
She sets the first three off to the side, and is working with her last five, or at least that is what it looks like to me.
 
Out goes Leslie and Abby, and then there were six.   Sylvain is in front with the Canadian Select Four dog.  Then Lenny, and Kent.  Boy, the crowd each has a favorite.  Kent moves to second.  There they go again, with the black in second and Lenny's dog is veery up, THE FAST WALK, and she is looking them over and over, and goes to the three.  She puts the other three behind them and gives the instruction to go to the middle and I am sure that is it. 
 
First is Harmonia's Intense Desire, Second isBiebtreu's Acier Noir V Kaleef, and Fourth is Tanavega's Star Wars.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together