Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Futurity dogs

They are checking the microphone, and we just blew a breaker, so we have no power.  Now I see more people. I saw Karen Taylor and Art Sinclair, and Michele just came by.  I see Paul Johnson, and there goes Alex. Bobbie is working, but no power.  Kathy Potter is sitting down, and she said she had some back problems, but seems to move well.
 
Sam Colvin is sitting by us, and I got our catalogues, but Tedi is still at the motel.  The handlers are milling about, and I see Lenny and Kent, and there goes Morton with a pink bow tie.
 
There they go in the ring.  Lennie in front, the Leslie, George and Slyvine, Mike, Alex and Kent, and there is Scott with Al in the end, and I can't see but then Zac, and that is the class.  Jane Kerner just topped by and they are checking in everyone and Bob Slay is checking the numbers.  He looks them over as they stack.  That is a great line of dogs.
 
We still have no power and I see Lana Lee is going to try to tell everyone. 
 
There they go, everyone and "Nice and easy" Now the second half of the class. I liked what Mike had and I am watching them against the white wall.  Leslie just gave the "stop" command to the handler.  Mostly we have the dogs, the owners, the handlers and no one else.
 
I haven't seen Kent with such long hair before, and there goes Mike. They each get a pass.  Now Kent.  There goes Alex with a little clapping and now Scott. It is very quiet.  I like his dog, but he is jumping a bit, and there goes Al Martin in a white suit.  Now Zac and that's the end of the class. 
 
Bob is walking down the class and giving everyone along look, the handlers are stacking and pointing out what they want the judge to see, and hiding what they don't want seen. Now Bob goes to the front and is looking at then head on.  Michele is going to put up the catalog on line as soon as he can.
 
He is doing the individuals now, and so far, no problems. Of course they were all winners, so it isn't going to be a problem.  A nice group of young dogs.  Bob isn't pushing them, and so long as they stand, he is fine.  There goes Kent, and he has Marquis Finnick Odair, and so far no problems.
 
Al Martin and there goes another check, and no problems and then Zac.  A good loose lead test, and no problems that I can see.  Now the individuals.   Pam Stoesser is talking to Lana Lee.  We are three at the table, Bob, (The Voice of The National), me and Lana Lee. 
 
Individuals and a pass for everyone.  Summer said to say hello to everyone.  WE JUST GOT POWER.
 
The seats are staring to fill in the seats. Michele is trying to get on line.  I have it worked out, but so far he can't do it. I am on line.  There goes Leslie with Elite Design Avalon V Tokaye Derschimer.  Nothing much happening here, and Kennelwood's Man U man gets some applause.
 
I did get to see Bubba J and Icon this morning so my day started out well. The crowd liked Man U Man and it is starting heat up here now.  I hear that Lana Lee is announcing the names, so I won't.
 
Paula just got here with Harley.  Harley loved me, and jumped and barked. That is a good feeling.  My computer just told me that I can't connect, so I will send when I finish the class.  I just sw Barrett Jackson, and he is a good one too.  Back in line and Bob splits the class and there go the first five. Lenny, Leslie, George, Sylvine and Mike.  Now the next group, with Kent, Alex, Scott, Al and Zac.  Where are the new people?
 
He icks Leslie, George Mike and Alex.  They go to the corner and everyone else goes out.  Now the handlers are taking off the bibs, and I guess he is bringing in the bitches and so some of the handlers have to leave to get their bitches.  So we have as keepers Kennelwood's Man U Man, Tr's Jager V Whitside Ya Gotta Know When To Hold Em, and California Dreaming. That is the males.
 
They moved the electricity to a generator, and so we are back on line and the video is going out.  Now the bitches are in the ring. They line up, in front is Al Martin.  Michael Cheeks is here and I see Tedi is here now.  She brought the candy but left it in the car. There go the bitches, the first group.  And now for the rest. And they line up with Kelly in front, then Kent, Nancy, Bill Tank, Zac, Art, and Lindsey.  I just asked Bob who was behind Nancy and he asked me "on the dam's side or the sire?"  No one likes a wise ass.  I see Ann Schultz, and Scott has her bitch or at least the bitch seems to know her, Hylowe's I Saw Her Standing There of Edan. There goes Hold on To the Memories and very very nice bitch.  Some fast stepper in the rest of the class, but also some great looking girls.  I do like Foothills Looking So Good of Ben-Jo, and Mike with Kennelwood's Morning Jewel gets some sound and I like her too.
 
Michael is on line, so the catalog will be up in a minute.  There goes Legend's Kensington, and She takes a good stride. And now back to the beginning of the class.  Bob does another temperament test and sends them each to the other corner. So far everyone has passed, and I thinnk this is his temperament test on a loose lead and so far no problems.  There goes Kelly and her bitch all but pulls her to Bob.  Ben Bigornia goes by and Ken's bitch is happy to see Bob, and there is Nancy, NO PROBLEM. And Bill Tank, and now Zac.  Art is there with another sound bitch. Karen Taylor is here and Ben is trying to protect Bob. And everyone passed.
 
On to the individuals.  The fans just came on, and there is a real draft, and cold. But, the dog shows go on. If Bob weren't between us, I could hear Lana name the entries.  THE CATALOG IS UP.
 
Tom and Vivian are here and sitting, and it is quiet and the individuals are not that exciting.  Plenty of seating and the crowd likes Lennie's bitch Martinique, I think. The ring is so big, I can't see that far, but I can see them against the wall, and some great ones here.  Laurie has Looking So Good of Ben-Jo, and I like her. The Futurity dog class was nice and we should have a great one for the winner. Scottie with I Saw Her Standing There of Edan, and the crowd likes her, and so do I.  Lida Kurry came by to say she is doing well, and there goes Kent. 
 
Frank Fasano is here with a pink tie.  There goes Lilley the only Icon daughter.  She sure can move, and Kirk and Icon put on the movement.  There goes Art.  Linda Bankhead is here, and she and her mother and the best looking mother/daughter combination I have ever seen.  Joe Baccia is here now, and there goes Legend's Kensington, and that is a great package, moving slow for a change. 
 
They line up, half the class.  There goes the hald class with Kelly in the lead, Kent, Nancy, bill, Zac, Art, and one more with Lindsey. He pulls Hold on To The memories, Ca-She Katharine Hepburn, Vista of Aramist Peters Elite, Vista of Aramist Peters Elite and Morning Jewel.
 
Now we have four bitches and four dogs. Now for the dogs.
 
Leslie, George, Mike and Alex. California Dreaming, Jager V Whitside, Man U Man and Ya Gotta Know When to Hold Em.  In from is Ya Gotta Know When To Hold Em. That is a great group of four, and now in front is Jager with George, and he pulls them over to take them down and back.  George stand him and Bob puts him over.  And now Man U Man. I like both of the two in front.  Mike stands him and now Alex, When to Hold Em.  I could go with any of these. Leslie has a popular dog with California Dreaming, and he leaves them that way and off they go.
 
Each dog takes a pass, and the crowd seems divided, and some cheering now.  I don't hear a favorite. Bob comes to    Lookk at them, and he is studying them stacked, goes to the front.
 And that is it, Man U Man, and his half brother pushed him.
 
I know the catalog is up, but he is a Wolf Creek Phoenix son, and that dog sure can produce.
 
Now on to the bitches.  Here they are.
 
George in front, Mike, Kelly and Art.  I need a break, (don't ask), but I hate to miss this.
It's Kennelwood's Morning Jewel, littermate to the male.
 
And the dog goes Best.
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together