Friday, October 11, 2013

Veterans

We did the Veterans, and I went to get another hot dog. I think that might be my limit for one day.
 
In the 7 years & Under 9 years Dogs
 
First was Ch Trio's Johan Santana V marquis, Second is Asgard's Champion Harley Davidson v Playmark, Third is GCH Kebre Kaleefs AJ Von Hornberger, and  Fourth is GCH Willowlakes Chances R. DN
 
Now 7 to 9 Bitches
 
Not much crowd reaction to the old folks. I have gotten a similar reaction to myself.  I went to the archives.  There is a letter from the AKC telling us we had to drop the name German from the club. I was the person who re-incorporated the club to put it back in.
 
They are working the young/old ladies now.  Dancing Doll is in there. We sure remember her.  Six in there.   Morton watched one of them and shook his head. It is interesting to see him judge, there they go, walking, but a fast walk. Morton tells them to keep going, one time was not enough. 
 
He gets his notes and sets them aside. The first two, down and back.  Actually I like Dancing Doll the best, but she is in last place, just because of the entry.  Two at a time, down and back.  I sat with Linda Ferguson for a bit, and watched Harley. He looked just great, but got a second. 
 
Morton is back at the front, and looking them over, one at a time.  He walks down the line and has his notebook again, but doesn't make any notes.  He looks at his notes.
 
Dancing Doll goes in front. Then Vici's Windsong, Amber's Chanel NO 5.  And he takes he second and third around. They stack.  The lack of crowd interest is clear, but maybe they went to get lunch, or dinner, or whatever they want. 
 
First GCH Shadyrock's Dancing Doll, Second is Ch Vici's Windsong, Third GCH Joalle's Goldigger Of Jeseffan CD, RN, CGC and Fourth is GCH Shoal Creekd's Sangria v Barick.
 
Now on to the OLD OLD OLD Dogs.
 
9 years and over.  
 
It is taking them a long time to get in the ring. At that age, it is understandable. I don't move that well either.
 
I went to see the club display. There is a letter from the AKC 1918, telling us we had to take the work German out of our name. Then a picture of JFK, Jackie and two children, John John and Carolyn and the German shepherd they showed.  There were so many other pictures and maybe we could bring out a special addition of the Review with all of them for a fee. It would be worth it.
 
The only entry is Ch Adelhund's Midnight Cowboy BN CD RN CGC TDO TC.  Good looking black.  He got a first.
 
Now the OLD LADIES
 
If you read the catalog, one of them is 22. I can't wait to see that.
 
The one handler is four years old. A crowd favorite.  I don't think age should be a factor. Of course at 71 I don't think it should be a factor in anything.  Except maybe senior discounts.
 
The crowd in sure behind the youngster, and he actually does a great job. He is Liz Oster's son.  And, it shows.
 
Now the 22 year old. I suspect it is a typo, but since my Aunt is 100 and still performing magic, I guess I can accept that age.  But, as I recall Casson is not that old. 
 
That is it, the First Place is Sanhedrin's Bonfire Inverness CGC, Second is Ch Mach Pach2 Carousel Farms Caisson VCD1, Third is Ch Brownhil Kyaarah's Zoey, and Fourth is Ch Touchstone"s Outa' My Way RN.
 
It has been a long day and one more event to go, Best Bred By and Best Puppy.
 
I am exhausted, but it has been fun so far. Tomorrow is another day.
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together