Thursday, October 15, 2015

15-18

13 entered, but we don't know how many will be here. Gloria Birch is here, and Cappy was by blue from head to toe.  I mean how she was dressed. She is smiling so I am sure she is having fun.
 
An Asgard dog is in the next class, but since I know you depend on me, I will report this class as well. Kenny Cunningham is walking by now, and Butch Loeb was sitting with me for a bit. It seems the list of those who have left us is longer this year. I wonder why that would be?  The chair seems harder this year, maybe there is a connection.  I see Danny Dwier is here now, and I did get to talk to him yesterday.
 
We are trying to rush the show with less "down time", but with so few handlers it is difficult.  Joyce Eberts is talking to Sam Colven, and the National is the time to catch up on the friendships.  John Bemont is by and said hello.  Linda Bankhead said they got over $1,000 from the cook-off.
 
In they come, and eleven in the ring.  AGAIN, do we need a class of 11 and a class of 5?  Everyone send their answer to Bob (The Voice of The National)  Dresher. He need the contacts after missing being out Voice.
 
I like the one in second of the first group,  According to the catalog the handler is Arvind De Bragance, and the dog is Crazy Train V Ears Up,.  Now, I don't know the handler, but who would take a chance like that name?  I don't vouch for anything. Gary Szynzyk cam by and looks better than ever.  Tedi brought me  a toasted bagel.  I may keep her for another 47 years.  In the ring are a whole bunch of dogs with a big bunch of handlers. Bob is still doing his thing.
 
He pulls Art with Galileo, then Olivia with Amadeus, then in comes the second half.  I was talking to John  Beamont, and it is interesting his ideas if he gets elected. I was talking to Carmen yesterday, and he too has some good ideas.  Off goes the second group. Alex, Phillip, Jeff, Mike and Kelly. He has five to work with, so he should have an easy time.  Rick Orlanski is here and so we got to talk for a minute, and Alex goes around.  He has a real nice sable male, nicely put together, Excalibur.  Now it is Phillip's turn. This year I am committed to now calling him Morris. I, for years, have done that. I tried to get him to change his name, but since he won't I am going to try to remember to call him Phillip, or Morris.
 
Phillip has an all black and that is a great looking dog, with an outstanding side-gate.  Now Jeff with  Masterpiece. Maybe I will just give names of the dogs with short names.  You can figure it out when you read the catalog, or when someone you know gets home with a marked catalogue. Anything more is outside my pay grade. 
 
Kellly has a good one, and Bob wants her to go again, this time on a loose lead. That would be my choice were I judging, but no one asked me to. Another great decision.  It is The Ice Man Cometh.  Who was that author?  I can't bring it up. Of course half the time I can't remember Tedi's name.  I will ask Tony since she just got put to the  front.  Ice Man is in front and Tony has a bunch of excuses as to why he doesn't know. I am thinking Becket, but I am probably wrong. I will find someone who knows here.
 
He has the two groups and sets them up  in two rows so we can see them. Art in front of one group with Galileo then Ice Man. In the next group is one of our breeding. There they go, and Bob is doing a sensational job.  The third one, Amadeus is just as good, and I would take any of the three.  He is down to six, and  they are all top quality, and now, down and back again. 
 
Next year I think I will stay home so I can read the Blog.
 
Kelly got moved up to fourth, and that might be the way it goes. Now Bob changes the groups and Kelly is in front, with Art, then Olivia and Mike.  They take a lap and Bob says that is it.  First is BLOOMBERRY'S V VONEINEHARTS THE ICE-MAN COMETH, Second is ROSEWOOD'S GALILEO, Third is BLOOMBERRY'S AMADEUS, and Fourth is BLOOMBERRY'S APOLLO.  Yes, third and fourth are littermates.
 
On to the class with our dog in front, at least when they go in.