Thursday, October 15, 2015

Bring on the dogs

Martha Rinke came by. She and Dave want me to try the breakfast barrito. I don't want to try anything new at my age. The egg McMuffen works for me.  Jane Kerner just came by and waved.  There goes Sue Godek.  Tony and I are working hard without Bob.
 
In come the dogs.  I will watch for the Jill son, Fire Starter, his brother is Arson.  Ten in there and Bob looks strong and healthy.  He sends half the class out.  I figured out that it was five. I have always been good with math.  I see a very nervous Celeste, even nervous she looks great.  This is the 9-12 dogs, with but two absent.  I think this is going to be a long day, but we will go all the way to Winner's Dog.  I don't know the first handler, but I give him credit for being in the ring. He looks like one of my age people.
 
Zoe is here this morning. Dave Rinke is talking to Joyce Eberts.  I see Sheree Moses is here this early, and there are people in the seats.  I just found out the name I didn't know is Allen Woods. I guess he has Man U Man. I should know him and will make it a point to meet him.
 
There goes Cindy and now Alex is out there. Bob has them brought to him on a loose lead, and then does the individual. In there is Allen, then Al, Trish, Cindy and Alex.  All good handlers. Well, to be honest, I didn't watch Allen.  But, I do know the rest of them.  I do like what Alec is showing, a real mature looking dog.Now Al with his dog and he has trouble getting them to settle down.  Now it is Trish, and too early and I do like hers too. Cindy just knocked down the ring, so it is being fixed.  Now Alex. 
 
Young dogs but a lot of promise. From what I have seen so far, the breed has a great future.  Bob gives them all a good look and takes Alex to the front then Trish, Allen and brings up the last two.  He is a good judge, or at least I agree with him. It is all about me after all. Alex has Eye of the Tiger. And out they go and off to the outside, and now the new group with Fire Starter. 
John Beyer is first, the Lenny and a Junior I should know, Mike who has a nive mover and Nancy with Fire Starter.  He looks young, but can move. On to the individuals.  John has American Pharoah. I did like him before. Lenney has Time for Fun.  That is a good representative of the reed.  The next one is Let Them Eat Cake.  The handler looks like a Junior, her name is Nikie Jelleson and does a great job, with a good looking puppy.  Mike is up with Guns of Mavorone, and then Fire Starter, and that ends the class before the Big Cut.
 
It looks like Mike has his hands full  and the crowd is behind him. That dog can flat out move.  I suspect he will win the class.  You will never know if I went back and put that in.
 
Here goes Fire Starter, the Exxon Jill puppy.  Bob goes to talk to her and tells her to settle him down. He looks good up close.  Butch Stiffleman came by.  Now, one at a time.  The ring keeps getting knocked down.  Bob wants on loose lead, so the doublers have to stop.  He wants them slow, too.  There goes Mike, and he tries to get a loose lead.  And now the last one.  Bob looks them over and seems to like Mike and Nancy, and their dogs.  Fire Starter in front. I don't care about the rest. If you wanted to see them you should have been here. Nice group of dogs. I am not sure why he doesn't go for Mike, but he puts Never Enough Cake in front, and brings in the second group.  Scott just came by, and now it is ten little indians in the ring.
 
They stack and he pulls Alex first, then Trish, and Cake, and Fire Starter.  Great yound dogs, all of them, and he takes the other five around. So sue me, there were nine.  Now he goes back to the front to look at his top dogs. Alex and trish.  A lot of milling around here,and he moves Fire Starter to third, and they go around.  Fire Starter is getting better, but that is what it is. 
 
This looks great for Exxon, First is SHE-ROCKS EYE OF THE TIGER OF INQUEST Second was HILLERTIME'S AMERICAN GIGOLO, Third was COASTLINE FIRE STARTER OF CHERPA, and Fourth was CROSS TIMBERS NEVER ENOUGH CAKE. On to the next class.