Thursday, October 15, 2015

Open Dogs

We took a half hour break.  They are going to announce the winner of the chili cook off.  The cook off was over $1,000.   Judy DeRusse got fifth place.  Scott Yergan won the fourth place in the  contest.  Everyone is so excited.Jone Fox got a second and donated it to  Juniors, so it went well.  First second and third donated it back to the Futurity. Mary Tripp fgot third place. She is donating it to the Juniors.
 
The First Place is Jeff Pyle  and it is well received. I couldn't understand the microphone, we need to fix that before the next show, our third year.  I was told they would fix it next year.
 
In come the Open Dog class.  Six dogs in there.  I see two dogs I love, and a couple I would buy today, if only I had some money left after the National. I do think the Novice dog is going to be tough to beat, but I see two in here that might give him a run. First is Diane Brown with Yarmork's Emerson.  Second is Olivia with Old Time Rock and Roll, third so far is Kobe,  Scott has Blues Man, Liz has Second Amendment, another Captain America, (Stevie) son, and then Kent with Malachi.
 
Plenty of people here. They even added some chairs at the end as the reserved seats are full and the bleachers are too.  Scott takes a pass, and some limited applause. Now Liz with Second Amendment.  I am getting sick of Jane Kerner with all these great dogs. I also blame Jeff. and Pam I had dinner with them already, I will think about if I want to do it again.  They need to give me the good dogs.  That is a great shoulder, and should be first or second in the class. Again, you don't know if I am brilliant and just went back and put this in or not.  And I refuse to tell you.  Now Kent with Malachi.  And Bob takes him down and back again in another direction.   That is a real honest dog, and I do like him. 
 
Now, one at a time. Overall, I think the Novice dog has it made.  Nice Open Dogs, but nothing that blows me away.  I am not, however, the judge.  And, aren't we all glad about that?  Bob asks to see Second Amendment again and this time on a loose lead, and he looks even better that way.  Second Amendment to the front. See, I am not as stupid as everyone says.
 
Kent to in second.  I think it might stay that way. bob is looking them over again.  Now, a new group.  I see Sam Israel's dog with Amy Kaiser. She is in the Navy and must have gotten leave to attend. 
 
They each get to go around with the individual over,and so far, nothing exciting in this group, but maybe it is me. Name of the Game takes his turn, and now it is Lennie with Kris-S-U-Two.  A very dark black and tan with lots of style and energy. Or, at least that is what I see.  Heavy Metal with Christy, and the last one, I think.  I was told there was a "move down", a dog moved from Specials to Open, but I don't see anything in there.  An impressive dog standing, and off he goes, and a nice easy mover when he settles down, which he does which he seldom  does. Christy is laughing..
 
Now the move down, Kelley with Honor Guard.  Nice dog, and an easy mover. He got entered on line by mistake in Specials. He moves up Name of the Game to the front and takes them around.  Kris is in second. The rest of the name is too hard for me, I hate doing hyphens.  Bob tells them to stop and he goes up there and signals them to stand in a line.
 
And in come the rest of the dogs, and they form a second line., I don't think I have seen this before.  Bob looks them all over and he walks down the line and gives everyone a good look. Illeana just came by.  He has the first group take a pass with Kelly in front, Kent, Scott, Olivia Diane and Trish..He put Kent in front and takes the group again.  Kent is in front with Malachi.  If he wins, will he take his Novice dog?
 
He pulls Liz to the front, then Kent Name of the Game and Blues Man. He also keeps Lennie and Olivia and takes the losers around for one last time this year. Unless they are in Specials and if so, they may be in trouble, since he dismisses them.  Bob looks them over and they stand making a great lineup of our breed. 
 
First and second are spectacular.  Bob goes over to them and takes them down and back.  And he puts Kent to the front. The crowd is way behind Name of the Game, and she goes to second.  Now Old Time Rock and Roll with Olivia and she moves up to fourth. Coming and going can kill your placings. Kent in front and I think he will win it. The crowd loves Name of the Game, but that is not going to be enough, I think.
 
The first three, and now the second three.  Bob walks over to look at them and moves Olivia to fourth.  Every place counts and off they go again.  It is funny how hard the crowd is trying to move her up.  Now he wants them to stand free while he goes up to them and again a crazy crowd.    No temperament problems.  If only Kent's dog would bite him it would make the people crazy.  Bob wants them down and back again.  I think it is close in his mind.  Name of the Game is bigger and a crazy favorite.  Nope, he isn't going to change it.  I wonder if Kent is thinking about his Novice dog?
 
I think Bob is not sure at this point. Bob stands back and looks at thema nd wants to se them take another pass, just the first three.  And he moves up Name of the game and the audience goes wild and stands to applaud.  And he does it. 
 
First is HARMONIA'S NAME OF THE GAME, Second is KENLYN'S MALACHI, Third is FALCON'S WELOVE SECOND AMENDMENT DUCHIEN, and Fourth was ATESSA'S OLD TIME ROCK AND ROLL OF ARAMIST.
 
I haven't heard that kind of cheering since Ralph Roberts refused to put up Don Killie in Niagra Falls.