Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Futurity Dogs

There are so many that are not here. Some that come to mind are Bob, (The Voice of The National) Dresher, Twyla Miner, Tom and Vivian, (who belong here), Pat and Colin from Texas, and of course all those who aren't with us any more. Liz is here in my heart, and I am going to hate to try to remember more. 
 
Tom Mesdag is in the ring, and I see Joey working the crowd. It is quiet waiting for the dogs to go into the ring. I see Frank Martello, and I got to talk to him for a minute yesterday. There is Surgio, and into the ring they go.
 
In now are the Futurity Dogs.  First is Mike, then Zoac, George, Kerry, Lennie, Olivia, Scottie, Kent, then Jeff, Bill Basu, Nancy. I find it interesting that I know every handler, and the judge. I see Linda Bankhead with her mom Joan Fox. If pushed, I could not tell you which one if more beautiful.
Honor Guard. I like that dog, he is a Captain America son. Lots of those here. They pulled his brother Wisconsin Badger, so they wouldn't have to go against each other.  Now a good lookiing sable, Excalibur V Chablis-Stylic.  Midas Touch, a dog I have admired for a long time, and the crowd likes him too. Nancy has Galileo, and he is another good one,
 
There goes the first three, and Vickie looks them over,  Now Kelly, Lennie and Olivia.  I do like what Lennine has, Code Red. and Scottie, Kent and Jeff, and now Bill basu, Art, Al, and Nancy.  Art has my vote, but Nancy has a real star, it is Galileo. 
 
Vickie moves the class to the side and she is giving directions as to what she wants, and Mike is first, sets the dog up, after a loose lead exam, and now the individuals. The boring part of the show. I went and talked to Tedi, something we seldom do at the National.  Loren came by to give directions to Lennie.  She looks great as she always does.  It is surprising how many of the seats are filled this early in the show.  It is going to be a big crowd. Almost all of the seats are filled and it is only Wednesday.  Leana New came by and she prepared the music for the classes.  No one told Tony or me, so we had to figure out  how to work the system .  My computer is giving me fits. It just stops typing now and then and I have to keep watching the screen. It cuts into my show time. 
 
I see Dan Dwier is here now watching and I wonder where everyone will sit for the BIG SHOW.  There are bleachers on the other side, but even they are almost full.  I do like this venue, but the sound system is a problem.
 
I think Honor Guard who is up now, with Kent is going to be tough to beat. He is a real stallion type of dog. His sire, Stevie is a full brother to our bitch Kisses. If we breed her right, we should be able to get one like him, and yes, the crowd does like him. What's not to like?  Ken Cunningham just walked by.  So many people and so many names I can't remember.
 
Years ago I suggested name tags, and even offered to pay for them.  I need to keep pushing. If I can remember to do it.  Zoe came by to say the wanted $4.00 for a cup of coffee.  Cindy Tellefson walked by and ignored me.  Bobby Kindy came by and said hello to Tedi.  Bobby often ignores me. Joyce Eberts is here enjoying the show.  It sure is great to talk to Tony again.  I never get to talk to Daphne.  Up next is Nancy.
 
I see Carolyn Martello is here so life is good. There goes Cindy Bartely. 
 
Here we go.  She is pulling and has seven over there, and is going over the dump pile agains.  Over there is Zac, Georgie, Lenny, Scottie, Bill and Al.  Now she looks at them, they are the keepers so far. She walks over and out comes Zac and Vickie wants them to stand loose, and she looks at them. This is a good looking group of dogs, and Scottie is out there and she walks up to him, and now Bill, and they try topo9se the dog, and las it Al Martin with Back To The Future.  Now she takes them down and Back. I do like Back to the Future.  It may be unfair, since I like the owners so much.  She is looking at only a few of them, but the crowd is up for this. I have never seen so much crowd support at the Futurity. 
 
I see Richard Sotille double handling, and Lindsey came by looking great.  She and Zac are easily two of our top handlers, and super stars of the West Coast.  She puts them all back and sends the first three around at a walk. If there is this much excitement the first day, this is going to be one hell of a National. Now the next three.  She has the first six out there.  She looking at the first group, and takes them one at a time, She looks them over and is taking them one at a time. Slow down Zac, the crowd loves you.  There goes Bill Basue with De Raho on a loose lead and slow.  Now those first three and she looks them over Zac with California Chrome, the crowd favorite so far. And she tells them to take a pass, Zac is telling his double handler to back off, and there goes Chronm with Rough Rider and De Raho. She looks at the three again.  This is going to be a long day.
 
Zac up front and now the ring steward is talking to Vickie.   She puts De Raho in front and  Gives It To Bomar Argon D Raho Backachers Winner's Futurity Dog.