Saturday, October 17, 2015

On to the Male Specials

Into the ring they come. That is amazing to see all those beautiful dogs.  I have to admit, I like Kierk better, but he is my heart dog,and that does color my feelings.OK, I made that up, you have to see this to belive it.  I haven't seen that many great dogs except in my dreams.
 
One after the other they come in.  I am in awe.  There are too many  for handlers, so some are in there with bibs ready to be exchanged.  They fill the ring on all four sides.  Even Carolyn Martello  is in the ring. She could be the handler, she looks like she is dressed for it. 
 
This will be a daunting task. I would give about 20 Selects from what I see so far.  Al Martin has some great red shoes.
 
Rita had a change and another black outfit, now with some lace, flat pumps and lots of blonde hair.  The ring keeps getting knocked down, but now in come two more. Jim's winners dog from Tuesday is in there with Kent. I don't know if there are any absentees, so when Molly gets here, we can get a total.
 
Rita is counting them off, but I can't ask her.  It would be goosh.  I just found dinner tickets for six more people, so Gail set up another table.
 
Tedi told me there 66 dogs in there.  Sorry you missed this, but order the films. I wonder if we ever will have a group of this quality again.  Frank and Chris Fasnao are sitting next to us,and Fred is back. We made up and said we love each other. I always did, and he said he did too.  That is the high point of the national for me. Getting the AOE is up there too. Not to mention being able to send this stuff.  First group in there with Scott in front again, then Elizabeth, Liz, Granger, Jon Beyer and Leslie. Walking.  I need to breed one of those bitches from this morning to Kierk.
 
They each take a pass.  There are way too many good dogs for me. I like in this class Q.  It is a nice short name, the dog looks great, and of those in there, he would be my choice. 
 
The individuals give me time to look at the dogs. When we get done to it, Molly tells me what is going on, and I type as fast as she tells me. I started to sweat in bitches. I suspect it will be even more in dogs.
 
Lots of problems at the office, but they have to handle it. Hell, it is too late, being Saturday, and I will be there Monday. I start a trial on Wednesday.  A new attorney substituted in last week and insists on talking to me. He can wait until Monday. Or go pound sand.
 
Georgie is here now, and Rita keeps looking at the dogs.  Peggy Kurtz came by. I don't know how many outfits she has with here, but I haven't seen the same thing twice. Gloria and Cappy went with us to get his AOE, so that makes it fun. And around they go for the second pass.  Out comes the notebook and Rita looks them over and makes notes while the second group comes in.
 
OK this stinkin computer cut me off, so I will type off line. Who would know? Don't say anything.
 
 
Rita tells them to go around six of them.  Walking. I like to see them that way.  You have to order these videos. I miss Bobbie and Bob, but I watched some of the films and they are quite special.  No pun intended.
 
Fran Rood came by, but she is doubling Q, so she didn't say much. All done with this group and Rita tells them to take them around and she wants to watch them. She walks to the center and watches as they go around each gets a good look and now she turns as they take a second pass.  I was blown away by what she did in bitches.  Here comes the notebook, so can the next class be far behind? No.In they come with Bill Tank in front then Bill Basu.  Bill has Bellagio.  He sure is a good looking dog. I got to see him grow up, and he has tons of style.      I was told Handsome Man was to be in this group but missed the timing.  Lots more to go, so it probably isn't a problem.  Now Bellagio. 
 
No one is getting excited. I guess everyone knows the knife doesn't come out until the end. No cuts now.
This group is done,and she takes them twice around and looks them over and then has them stand.  Loose leads and easy. 
 
Now another group, yes, she came out with the notebook. She is moving quickly, Liz in front, then Lennie and Nancy.  Should be some good dogs in this group.  Bob (The Voice of The National) Dresher just texed me that I have nothing since bitches.  Nothing to report, but more of the same.
 
I guess I could send every few minutes, but it would not be very interesting.  Nothing much happening, but Debbie Stern is sitting with me on one side and Tedi on the other.  I am so bored, I just did some card tricks.
 
Last dog in the group, Rita looks them over goes to the front and tells them to take them around. She is still smiling, and that is a good thing. I know Rita always wanted to do the National. Now the notebook, and then on to a new group.
 
Art in the lead then Lennie and the rest.  Tommy and Exxon in this group. Too bad they are next to each other.  Tommy looks great. I don't have to say what I think of Exxon.  Off goes Exxon.  Yes, I am very impressed.
 
More of the same, different dogs, same procedure.  The ring keeps getting broken down, but it is a great white wall, all around.  That is the group and Rita smiles and off they go for two trips.  Tommy in the lead. And Exxon right behind, and out comes the notebook.
 
Another group in there and I just got to talk to Helen Gleason.  Amy is out there and she does a great job and said she wants to get back to showing. I have a young male, Bully, I may put with her.  Now George. 
 
Only five in there. Tony doesn't know why.  And they line up for critique. With the note pad.  In comes Rita is working the crowd and laughing and waiting for more dogs. I think a lot of the handlers have wondered off.  Ferlin's American Eagle of Kiedrow is in this group. He is owned by one of my favorite people Linda Ferguson, and handled by Diana Paul, both great ladies. I like how he looks in there. 
 
Too many great dogs, too many good dogs.  And too many others I like too.  And, that;s a wrap, and they standoff while Rita says who has been naughty and who has been nice. 
 
New blood with Kent in front. Christy at the end, and off they go.  Rita tells them to walk and some do.  I think Kent might have the Morocco.  Rita watches him and now goes to the next. Nothing new about that.
 
With all this down time,you would think I would have time to make my corrections., But, frankly my dear, I don't give a dam.  Actually I am off line again and will post after something happens.  Only one more group to go, and then it begins.
 
Rita wants to see Kristy again. She does want them to walk and give her a loose lead. And they stop, out comes the notebook, and the last group in the ring. YES, this is the last group with the Winner's Dog and the two Veterans.
 
Rita takes them around. And now, one at a time. I don't remember seeing any temperament problems, but it might be I didn't notice. None were excused.  We have gone two and a half hours, and it is good she does a fast cut. 
 
WHERE IS MOLLY?  It is time for the first cut.
 
Last group, lined up for the last pass, the note book, and then it all begins. Rita looks down teh line and marks her book and in comes the first group.
 
Here comes Molly.
 
The first group is in and Rita looks at her notes and walks to the front. What a long day,but Rita looks as fresh as when it began. She walks to the end and back to the front and tells them to go around. they take two pases while she gives them a good look. She is giving directions and smiles and they take a lap. I know she cuts when they stand, so I am ready.
 
Here it comes. The second group comes in.  They send the group to the other side.  Scott With Falco, Jon with Q, and that is it for the first group. The second group is on the other side. I think there was a failure to communicate. And they go over to the side where she wants them.
 
She takes them around. Carmen is here sitting with us, as they take a pass.
 
Rita walks over to them looiing and she pulls Anya with Army, Sue with Don't Refuse me, Liv with California Dreaming, and Mike with Travis.
 
Another group taking a pass. This is an interesting way to judge, and I like it.
 
Off they go with Bill Tank in front. But you already knew that.
 
Now to slice and dice.  She pulls Lindsay with Nico and that is all from that group. That dog was the Winner's dog from the National in Philly. 
 
Another group to take a last pass for a lot of them. And saved is Lenny with Chewy, Nancy with Black Baart, Greg with Yaeger, and no more. 
 
Another group.  Art in front. Tommy and Exxon in there. Art with Tommy, and Jeff with Exxon, Alex with Buster, and no more. But Exxon made it, and Black Bart so I am happy.
 
Another group led by Channing.  Here it comes.  And she keeps none from that group. Man!
 
Another group with Scott in front.  I never could judge this well.  But Rita can and that is what counts.
 
The quality is terrific.  Leslie with Spider Man and no more.
 
Now the lead with Moroco and Kent.  She saves Kent with Moroco, Al with Ajon, and no one else.
 
And, the last group. Winners dog is here, and I like him a lot. But, no one asked me as they go around.  Rita gives them a good look and lets them go around.  She approaches pulls Winner's Dog Name of The Game, with Autumn.
 
Now to review the less than satisfactory dogs. The first six, and they are gone for the year. Now for the next six, Nothing there for Rita.
 
Another six, with dreams for another five minutes. Well, maybe one.  Well, that's it folks for those dogs.
 
Now the last group, hopes about to be dashed.  That makes it 37 dismissed, and now to work with what is left.
 
The last nine go and that is 31 out so far. One more group to go to try to make it.  Seven more and Rita gives them all a good look. George tripped as the dog stopped but there they go. 44 out. What is left is the best of the best.
 
In they come. All planning on being Grand Victor. The tension is amazing and lots of noise.  Molly is a tremendous  help with 17 left I think out of 66.  If ever I thought of judging a national, I would never be able to do this. My lord is that a great group.
 
The first five, so four groups.  There they go, omg what noise what excitement.  And Rita sets them aside and brings out another five. Black Bart is in there. I have so much trouble seeing an all black.
 
Around they go and where they stop only Rita knows. Holy cow is the crowd into it.  She walks over to them and sets them back.
 
Another group with Tommy inn front and then Exxon.  Seven in there. And Rita walks to them and sets them over and brings out the first group again.  She walks around from front to back and Rita  wants them around again. She sure has some great dogs in there.  Now she looks determined and walks over and rubs her chin and is giving them directions.  She pulls Sue with Don't Refuse me Liv with California Dreaming and the rest around again. She moves them over to keep.  Lindsay with Neco, Lenny with Chewy, Greg with Yeggar and Mike with Travis.
 
Now the next group.Art with Tommy, Kent with Moraco, Al with Agon and Automn with Name of the Game and Nancy is in there with Black Bart.  There go the rest of them for n;ow, and I don't know if she will pull anything, but there are some good ones.  Rita walks over to them and looks at each of them and walks down the line and the crowd goes nuts she pulls Onya with Army.    and Jeff with Exxon.
 
 
AND THEN THERE WERE THIRTEEN.
 
Exxon is still there as is Tommy and Black Bart. I think that is her Selects. I am a happy camper.
 
Now she works them and they are fantastic males. The first four, you know who they are.  Now the second four with Black Bart and Tommy.  There is more to come.  Now the next five with Exxon on the end and he looks strong.,   The crowd is wild. Exxon is starting to come alive.
 
Rita is talking to them puts Liv up front with Californoia Dreaming, Mike with Travis, Lindsay with Nico, Lennie with Chewy, Nancy with Bart, oraco, Al with Agon, Autumn with Name of The Game. Sue with Don't refuse Me, Anya with Army, Jeff with Exxon. 
 
SELECT IS SELECT
 
She looks them all over and seems to study each one of them. What a group of dogs. We should be happy with what we have done with the breed. Rita walks to the front.  And she seem to like Linday and moves her with Neeko, Micke with Travis, Lennie with cfhewy, Kent with Moraco, Al with Agan, Autumn with Name of the gave, Liv with California Dreaming, Nancy with Bart, Greg wit Yeager, Art with Tom, Sue with Don't Refuse me, Anya with Army, Jeff with Exxon, and the first go on.
 
Kent moves up to third. And she pulls the rest out. and that might be it. The crowd is so loud I can't hear Molly.  What I just said above should be it. In front is Neeko, a Canadian dog.   She wants to see the first six.  It looks like she might be going to ;change, and yes, she moves the Winner's dog to fourth. That dog is half brother to Neeco.  Same father.
 
Off go all but the first six. The first dog is the father of the Winner's dog.
 
The crowd is wild about what she did.  She pats them on the head and moves to the front of the line. s he looks serious and wants them to go around and there they go and the crowd loves what she has done. Too much yelling for me.  She walks to the front and looks them over again and applauds and YES  Off they go and that is it.
 
GRAND VICTOR NEEKO, SECOND TRAVIS, THIRD MORACO, FOURTH NAME OF THE GAME, FIFTH DON'T REFUSE ME SIXTH IS CALIFORNIA DREAMING, SEVENTH IS AGON, EIGTH IS BART, NINTH IS JAEGER, TENTH IS DON'T REFUSE ME, ELLEVENTH TOM, , TWELTH ARMY, THIRTEEN IS EXXON.