Monday, October 12, 2015

What time is it?

I have talked to a number of dog people this weekend, and they say people enjoy this

Blog.  I don't understand it, but I was told it makes them feel like they are at the National. So, here is what it is like.  Since Friday I have spent 19 hours either in the air, or at airports.  I am in St. Louis, waiting for Tedi to get here.  Her flight this morning was canceled and she is being routed through Dallas, so she should be here in three hours.

To be fair, I did take a side trip for a day in Grand Rapids to see my aunt. Well, to be honest, I did eat three Yesterdogs for dinner. I did also get a Vienna Beef hot dog in Chicago, and just found a place in this airport that has Vienna Beef hot dogs, so I had another for lunch.

If I was going to fly for 19 hours I could have gone to Italy and looked for Flower Boy. All in all, I would rather be in front of a jury trying to argue that when my client took the 15 watches from the jewelry store, he just wanted to try them out to decide which one he wanted to buy and would be returning the rest, had he not been arrested.

I left Los Angeles on one time zone, got to Newark and was in another time zone. Then I flew to Chicago, a different time zone. From there I went to Grand Rapids, which is a different time zone, then to Minn. that has a different time zone, and on to St. Louis with another time  zone. I need to get some more watches from my client.

I suppose when I get to the arena and see all the dogs, I will feel more like a dog show, but for now, I have had all I need of airports. I just hope they have those great hot dogs they had last year.  I can see a theme developing here. 

It is going to be strange at the announcer's table without Bob (The Voice of The National) Dresher.  But, I will do all I can to call the classes, tell people to clean up after themselves at the motels, and help lost children find their mothers.

The Drapers should be in with my large suitcase, if not, I have to stop and buy some clean underwear.  I plan to stop at White Castle on the way to the hotel.  I have not told Tedi about my plans, but if I just do it, what can she do?

Tomorrow the airlines will just be a bad memory. I am looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones. While I don't understand it, as long as people read this rambling, I will do it.  If you are here, be sure to come by. I miss Kierk already.