Saturday, October 17, 2015

Best of Breed

Paula is talking to me, and George is here, and I see Alex too.  I wonder why the handlers come bringing their suits, and changing when they get here.  They are going to do bitches first. I prefer it that way, the excitement is building and of course it is the males that generate everything.  Ben Bigornia is here with a dog. Tony brought Daphane and we are here.   Mike is walking by with a big smile. and the place is starting to fill up.  Molly is here so we are ready to go.
 
Lots of activity now, and I see all the handlers there getting bibs. Linda Ferguson came by and that is always a high point of the nationals for me. They are announcing those who left us in the past year. A time I can't deal with. I stayed here this time, but I usually leave.  Having just talked to Linda helped.
 
In come the Bitches. Also the Kishes are here. Lindsay is here in a great orange dress.  More than we deserve.  I see Gloria Birch, and Gail just came by. Now they are moving chairs to make room for people. Now John Bemont is here talking to Bob Kish.  The seats are filling up.  I guess they want to leave room for Fred, but the judges for the judges seminar are supposed to be here too. There goes Maureen Charlton.  Norma Hansburg is working the crowd. and it is still quiet and people milling around.  Twenty minutes late so far. 
 
I see Scootie is here and looking better than I have seen her in years.  Pam O'Dell came by for just a minute.  
 
Rita looks great, and is in a black full length fitted dress. Some stuff going in,and some awards being announced, and Tony is shuffling to announce. No one told us they were doing this so Tony went out to see what they were doing.  It is fun to have surprises.
 
In come the bitches more and more and so far they fill the ring, one half, not the next section and down the other side.  And I see more ready to come in. I don't know if they will all fit.  Amazing to see and I already see some I like. The bitches are fired up and a lot of barking, and figgitting.  Tedi came by and left already.  They are all in now,and fill the entire ring, first is Nancy and last is Kent.  And in between, a lot of other dogs.
 
44 bitches in the ring, and one will win.  43 won't.  I always was good with math.  And she starts to make groups keeping seven.  So, groups of seven.  Everyone here has something in there except me.
 
Rita has them circle her and is talking to them. Cathy Potter is here and talking to everyone.  I saw Ann Schultz earlier and now Cappy is here with us.  And the bitches line up along this side.  Out goes the first one, and they each go walking.  Nancy Hubble is taking to Gary and Bobbie Kindy and the bitches take a second lap, walking. All I know is Yada Yada is in front.  Now a third trip but just to the side. 
 
First is Nancy with Yada Yada. Second is Steve Granger, (it is great to see him in the ring again) with Sexy Chick. Then A nice looking young girl, with Caribean Sea Crest, then Lennie with Heiress, Channing with Stimulus Plan Scarab, and then Christy with I Put A Spell On You and last is Cameo with Michael Little.  Ben Bigornea is here and sits for a minute and I see Christine Ganger.  Everyone is looking for a chair, and Tedi gave hers up. 
 
I see Vickie Royce is here and so all the judges are sitting ring side. Frank Fasano's bitch is going around with Lennie. I always did like Heiress.  I can see a long day ahead.  This location does have a problem, everyone comes to stand in front of me. Christy has an all black that looks nice.  I think I have seen her before.  Dave Rinke just came in . He is hard to miss.  I see Tiffany Bartley is here.  Dave sat with Martha, so they  must agree on what is being shown. Maybe that is why Tedi ran off. 
 
That is the group,k rita walks down the line. From here, she could pass for 20.  She is doing great and sopped aging years ago. Off go the first three.  Yada being in front can't be a good thing.  She looks great, but always has been one of my favorites.  And, Candy is such a good person.  Cappy has a flashing pendant.
 
Rita looks them over and is taking notes. She stops by each one, so she has an opinion already. Some howling going on, I think it is a dog. Although with this crowd, who knows.
 
In comes a new group.  First is Al  with Catalina, then Shangri-La Chic with the name of a good friend that escapes me, then Looking so Good, with Ashley Miller, Let's Roll with Arvind and Scott with Divinems M Aramist and last in this group Liz with Trinkett.  They walk twice and stop for the individuals. Even spell check won't work for me. I get no respect. 
 
Rita is moving quickly so we are going to try to keep it moving. I am calling the groups back to the ring.  Lots of movement outside the ring with the double handlers.  On with the individuals. I like that Rita smiles each time she goes up to a new entry, and then looks serious when watching them.  Arvind is going around.  I do like the looks of that bitch.  Then there was Scott.   Now Liz with Trinket, and she is a real top bitch. I like Liz too.
Rita give directions and off the go, now at a slow trop. Of that group, Liz would be my choice. They stop, and then off they go again.  Some nice bitches in there.  I see three I like, besides Liz and on to the next group,. It seems when she lets them go, they leave. Rita is taking notes and out they go.
 
Zoe came by for a minute and in come  the next group.  First is Katherina with a young girl that has been doing a great job all week, then Wild Angel, Katy Collins with Eliabeth Arden, (Tommy's Brother), then Zac with Last Dance, and Phillip, formally known as Morris, with What's Your Pleasure, Zelda with another beautifull handler, and Jon Beyer with Blah Blah Blah.  Tom Mesdag is here talking to me.
 
Lots of tension from the control, and it is fun here.   We get contradictary directions, and do what we want. She is done with this group, and on to the fourth group.  Rita has the notebook, looking them over, and going down the line, and now the nest group comes in.  this is group four of six, so we are moving along. 
 
IN THEY COME.  First is Matt Mc Millian with Born This way, then Like Heaven To Touch with a girl I dont' know but with a fantastic dress, then Whiskey in The Jar with Michael Little, then Girl On Fire with Greg, then Lindsay,(I love her dress, but I wouldn't wear it), with Cowboy Take Me Away, Leslie with Serena, and Daisy of Abuah at the end.  I was gone, and you didn't even notice.
 
We are about done with group four, and next is group five. I told you I was good with math.
 
I just talked to Tom Mesdag again, and Zoe is back. Teri Kridler went to the hospital yesterday, but we haven't heard how she is doing. One more to go, and it is quiet. The crowd did wake up for the long coat, Whiskey In The Jar, and that is interesting. She is a good bitch, but again, a coat. I know it is a minor fault but so obvious.
 
Off this group goes for the last pass on this time.  Lots of judging to go. Lauren has a very cool jacket, pink with a butterfly on the back.  Now they stand for Rita to mark her notebook. 
 
Into the ring, Group Five. First is Cindy with Cyd Charisse, then Karma V Elite Design, one of my favorite bitches with Rachel, then Jeff with Windfalls Who Says V Chablis, then C'est Cache' with Patrick and Olivia with Ooh La La Lolita, Amy with Midnight Surigo Greenleaf, Amy is navy career, and is here to help. She is one of my all time favorite people and is the daughter of Debbie Kaiser-Friedberg another great person. Then Mikie is there with Morning Jewel, and last is Art with Annie Oakley.  Amy usually wears incredibly short skirts but with the side panels I can't tell yet what she has on.
 
I do get bored with individual exams, but then I say things I shouldn't. Just delete them. It is real quiet in here with spurts of applaus. But every seat is filled. They like this bitch as she stands, and she is nice. I see why, she  is a good one.  I just met the mother of the Junior for the last two years. When she hits 18 she will get about $8,000, and she can buy a used car. If she goes to college with it, that is even better.
 
Mike is going around, and I expect the crowd will like his bitch. And, they do. Some yelling and clapping. And, we are about done with group 5, just one more group, and then comes the big cut.
 
Rita gives them a good look as they take two passes, Cindy leading the way. And, as I indicated yes, Amy is wearing one of her short skirts with a red top. She always looks well. 
 
In comes the last group, led by Kelly, with Rumour Has It,  Next is Cindy with Elvira, Then Sergio with Disturbin' The Peace, Lindsay with Saodee pf Wolf Creek, George with Sholan Wild Side, George Dance with me, then Surfer Girl, the Veteran, and Emancipation of MiMi, and Kent with the Winner's Bitch Charolette Russe.
 
The rest should come in now when she finishes, and each gets an indifidual. I see no temperament problems. Kent has the bitch owned by Page Page. The name alone is enough for me to put her up.  Last chance to look this group over and Rita moves to the center and says to take them around. Off they go with the black in front. She has a white blaze, so I don't know if it counts.
 
Rita has said she is going to bring in all of them and do her cuts.  This should be interesting since everyone is one edge only standing room here.  Now she gets her note book and in come the rest of them.  In comes the first group. Molly is here and we are ready.
 
Seven in there now and Molly will tell  me who she pulls for keepers and giving dreams of Grand Victrix. Rita looks at them and looks at her book and gives them instructions and goes to the center of the ring and looks at them as they take a pass with YadaYada in front.  And now a second pass using the full ring.  Rita walks over to them looks at her notebook, and stand back as they pose.  She walks to the front and looks at them head on.  All the way to the end, looks at her notebook and pull Yada Stee with Sexy Chic and Lenny with Rose.  Three only in that group.
 
WOW!
 
On to the next group with Al Martin with Catalina in front, another group of seven with dreams intact and off they go.  Liz at the end.  Carol Moore just came by. Molly is doing great and this is a good group, I think she might pull more than three, and they take a second pass.
 
Rita looks them over and they stop and stand. Rita looks them over checking her notebook and she pull Arvand with Let's Roll, Scott with Divine Miss M, Lindsay with Trinket and yes, now a new group.  The leader is Phonix and ended with Jon.
 
Off they go for two passes. Rita stands to watch them, then turns to watch the other side, and walks to the line and looks them over and didn't take any from that group.  And another group with Matt and the girl with the Winnner's dog, whose name escapes me but she is from Canada. I think it is Autum.
 
She pulls Leslie with Serena, Autum with Daisy, Greg with Girl on Fire. and now to the next group,
 
They take two passes, and it is hard for me to keep up, it is going so fast.  This is the fifth group, Jeff with Selena, Olivia with Oh La La, Rachel with Carma and Mike with Ruby, and the last group is in there.
 
This is flying so excuse the typos but I am typing faster than I ever have, and Molly is telling me what is going on. They take two passes and Rita looks at them and now walks over to them. Lots of hearts beating and she pulls George with  Dance with Me Kent with the winner's Bitch  Charolett Ruse Now two groups, the good the bad, and no ugly.  She is taking the keepers out,and is going to look at her dump group, a huge group.  Too many to count, looks at the first six and lets them go, and now the next six Diane in front and off they go. I got to look up and she looks them over and she lets them all go. Now, six more.  Lizabeth is in front and there they go, maybe for the last time this year.  Off they go.  Zac in front and Rita looks them over carefully, and they all go out, and now the last group.  It does not bode well to be there, but off they go. Rita is looking serious and off go the last group.  NO, nothing to do there.
 
30 she let go. And in come the keepers, 15 left. I think there are all Select Quality in there. 
 
Eight in there and she walks to the front, Just divided she goes over the Rita looks them over and she is getting better and better.  She sends them back to the side and brings out another four.  Rita walks down the four to look them over and gives them instructions,a nd off they go. Nice britches.  Trinket looked good, and now another four.
 
Off they go, I liked Selena in that group.  Molly is great, she can tell me who did what in the past.  Off go the three, with Ruby and they look good. They line up and Rita walks down the line and she sure has the best in there. She looks serious and she walks to the middle and is looking over each one andnow to the front, looking at Yada, and tells them something and wants them at their best speed, and not racing.  She pull rosy with Lennie, goes back and pulls Yad and Sexy Chick Tricket Selena Liv with Oh La La and Mike with Ruby Kent with Charlotte, (winner's Bitch), and she has pulled eight.  The rest stand aside.  Off go that eight.  Man oh man ae there some great bitches there. Rita sets them aside and pulls out the other the next seven behind them.
 
She wants to see the other seven, all good looking and not a slouch in there.
 
Rita puts Scott with the Divine Ms. M, and she goes to the rest of them and says something and is counting, her hands behind her back and looks serious, pulls Greg with Girl On Fire, now there are five out there, hopping for a chance, and here goes another pass.  Last chance.  Nice she pulls Leslie with Serena and out they go.  Now there are eleven. and those should be Selects. It is just the last count.
 
Rita is smiling and talking to them, and wants to take them one at a time, Rosy with Lennie, Yada with Nancy, Steve with sexy Chick, Liz with Trinket, Jeff with Selena, The crowd loves her, Rita looks them all over, Liz with Oh La la, Mike with Ruby, Kent with Charollette Scott with Devine Ms M Greg with Girl on Fire, Leslie with Serena.
 
I don't expect changes but we shall see. Leslie gives a gull lead.
 
Rita looks them over, givine each of hem a good look as she walks down the line.  Now to the end and she walks back and counts and she looks at the first six.  I doubt there are going to be changes, but she walks to the last half and tells them to come out. And off they go, now they run and she goes to the front and down and back. All I know is the first two are clean. I think Halston is going to be our Grand Victrix.  I do love Yad, however.  Beautiful little bitches.  Everyone has their favorites, but I doubt it will change. I think we will have eleven Selects Bitches this year.
 
Rita wants to see the front group again and there they go seven. And Rita walks over with her hands behind her back.   And now the other five.  She might not be done, but I think she is., She walks the line just like Johney Cash, and now to the end and back to the front. They are lined up in the center of the ring.
She changed them but I lost Lenny with Roise, Li\z with Trinket, Jeff with Selena, Mike with Ruby, Kent with Charolott, Sctt with Divine Ms M, and
 
Now Selena in front and Mike with Ruby.  Changes.  Jeff is leading with Selena and off they go.  Lots of crowd support ahd she looks determined.  I dont thing she is done.  Selena then Ruby, Rosie, Charloote and Ms.M.  \
 
There go the six and the crowd is wild.  Rosie looks tired and she moves Scott with Ms. M to third.  And Rita Aplauses for her choices and it is:
 
    JEFF WITH SELENA, MIKE WITH RUBY, SCOTT WITH DIVINE MS. M, LENNY WITH ROSIE, LIZ WITH TRINKET, KENT WITH CHAROLOTTE, NANCY WITH YADA,  STEVE WITH SEXY CHICK, LIV WITH OH LA LA, GREG WITH GIRL ON FIRE AND LESLIE WITH SERENA.