Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Futurity dogs

Now the Futurity dogs are in the ring. These dogs always look great.  Bob Drecher keeps hugging me. We need to find a girl for him. The class sure has some great looking dogs, and of course all the top handlers. Dan takes them all around, and the ring is open, so it is a large and long run. Now he takes the first four. It is Leslie, Georgie Kent and sets them aside, and pulls out Christina, Reggie, Lennie and now waves off the next group, and no one seems to know what to do, but now he is taking the rest of the class.  He set four aside and is taking the rest of the group.    I am not sure what that was about.
 
Now Dan is doing the individuals, with Leslie and Crusader. I don’t think I will try to do the names, it is too late, and too hard. But, I do promise to do the winners.
 
It is quiet here, but I would expect that for the individuals.  Karen Wagner came by, I thought to talk, but she just wants the placings. I feel so used.  Nancy Nellis came by and is taking a break.  John Ayotte is here, and they are working on the systems. He works so hard. He sets up all the computer systems.  Jimmie is showing and Sheri was doubling too hard so Dan waved her off, and so did Jimmie. I can’t believe how strong Jimmie looks in this size ring.  It is encouraging, but I still promise to never show in Specials again. Unless I want to.
 
Mike is out there now with Show Stopper, and good looking dog.  It is very quiet here and there are some people in the ring sitting, and I would think they are from the judging seminar. I asked, what a novel idea, and they are some oversold seats, and chairs right on the floor. I think the truth is that those are the really very important people. Or at least that is what Nancy Nellis and I have decided.
 
What a great honor. Ralph Roberts came by to say hello. He hasn’t been to a national for three years, and he is here with Rose. He looks great, and it was good to talk to him.
 
While we were talking Dan moved Leslie to the front, Jimmy behind her, then Georgie, Kent, Jack and The Guz behind. He is taking them down and back and is on The Guz, the crowd liked that dog.It’s a bi Hoodlum son. He moves Jerry to fifth, I think he is just thrilled to death.
 
Dan has them stack and waks down the line, looking at them, and tells them to take them around.  There are five standing off to the side. There they go, and Leslie must have a twenty foot lead, and there it is. The rest didn’t seem to know, but the winner is Eagle Valley’s Crusader.
 
Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

No comments: