Friday, October 20, 2006

Open Bitches

It is going to be another great day.  We got here early and watched as the arena filled.  Flower Boy is here so it should be fun.  The Open Bitches are going into the ring. I see Ricky and just said hello to Karen Taylor.  I see that O’Connor is going into the Special class right behind Elmo. Timing is everything. I get to show George in the Presentation Class Today, and I am stocked.
 
There are 15 in there, and he is keeping eight to work with.  I see Alex talking on the phone, and Also I see that Marilyn is watching Dan who is in a red jacket with black pants, the club colors.  Marilyn told me yesterday that Dan looked cute in there. I wouldn’t have used that phrase, but he is doing a good job.  He looks good doing it too.
 
There they go.  In front is Mike, then Lori, third is Greg and then Reggie, Diane, Jeff and two handlers whose names I know but can’t remember. The longer I do this stuff, the less names I am going to remember. I can see it coming. I also see I missed the second place handler, Christina, and she is also in red and black. We have the full staff here now, Tony, Bob and myself. We do make a team, and I am not sure it is safe here. I do have to go buying today, and will find stuff for the office staff.  Maybe I will just buy two dollar pens from Rescue.  Norma is here today and her house is coming around, and I did talk to Carmen yesterday for a minute. He is busy, and seemed to be in a good mood. I hope not too many people are attacking him over AKC stuff.
 
I did lose all that I said yesterday during the American Bred Dog Class, so I may repeat myself. I did see Scootie, and most of the day I was talking to Helen and Ralph Roberts who were sitting with us in the booth. Helen talked about a picture she has of herself at Ralph’s home with her arm around Ulk.  It is amazing that they had cameras then.
 
Helen is here each day, and trying not to get too involved, and she is ready. Fran and Joan just came in, and it is good to see Joan looking so well.  Bob Freeny came by and waved, and He has been here every day. I did have breakfast with Gail Sprock and she seems just like she always does, and has as sharp a sense of humor as always. I think the reports of her problems are probably true, but she is doing well,, and it made me feel a lot better to see that.  Now Tiffany is walking by and there goes Reggie with his bitch for the individual.
 
I did say how pleased I was to see Reggie win the American Bred Dog class, he lead most of the class and did a great job.  He had a dog that Bob and I noticed when he first went in, and he never made a bad step, and deserved the class. I saw Jamie at the end of the day, with Sue and Kim, and she still had a smile. This would be a lot of hard work to judge for three days, and I doubt I could do it.  More people here today, even this early. Gail Hardcastle is here, and she has been working every day. They must have just let her out. I see Carlos Navara, and he and I did talk yesterday. 
 
Iza is here with some stuff at a booth, and maybe that is where I will go to spend my money. But Sally has all her stuff too, and it is top quality, but maybe too good for my staff. I do have a reputation for cheap I need to protect.
 
I feel badly about losing all the American Bred Dog class, mainly because all of my best writing was done in that post. I had solved the crisis in Iraq, and figured out how to save all the children of the world. If I have time, I will try to remember what my solutions were.
 
Libby is here today, and I did say a bit to her earlier.
 
Dan moved Jeff to the front, the only one he moved in this class.  The bitch is Dancing Doll, and did take a nice pass.  I see that the booths are open, so maybe it might be a good time to do some shopping, so I will return in a bit.   I hate being Jewish. I can’t bring myself to spend $25.00 for a T-shirt. Now I don’t know what to do.
 
I did get to see Jane Kerner and Pam Stoesser, (I know I didn’t spell that right, but at this point, who cares?) and also got to hug Diane Brown. So, my national is complete.  I saw Frank Fasano, and he is the only person smart enough to be wearing gloves. It is a bit cold.
 
Bill Basu is in there with his black bitch and the crowd loves her.  Erin came by and she and Nancy work so hard all national, but the amazing thing is that they do it with a smile on their face. Eric is out in the ring, and letting his bitch go out on a loose lead for the individual.  Everyone is doing it, and there is very little temperament problems. I only saw a few, and that was in the young dogs.  I see Jerry Guzman is entertaining the crowd, and the judging is not holding out attention at this time.  Maybe I will go buy a heater for our feet for tomorrow. Now Dania has joined us, so my life is complete.
 
Dan is working on his second group and doing some arranging. He has them take off, in the lead is Eric, (but this is the end of the group, so not that exciting) and George is in front of the keepers, and then Patty, Tiffany and Bill Basu.  Dan talks to the steward, and brings in the rest of them.  He has them arranged, and he has now eight left in the ring.  The Guz is here and looking for some candy, and now Dan is pointing, and in Front is Jeff, then George, patty, and Diane. Dan asks the rest to take a lap, and that is not a group with a lot of smiles.  Mike, Lori, Bill and Tiffany, and Dan has his hands behind his back, goes to the front of the Dumps, and looks back and tells them all to stand back and goes over to his first four.  And there they go, in front is Jeff and Dancing Doll, then George with Cazadora, and then Patty with Mega Million and Diane with All American Girl. Dan is looking at Jeff and asks him to go down and back, and he does so. He takes directions well. The crowd likes her.  Dan stands and looks at her standing and goes over her tail.  He now wants George to Come and Go with Cazadora, some applause, but not as much. She is pretty, and Dan wants to see the first two together,a nd so he goes to the center of the ring, and stands, and tells them to go, and off they go. Two very very pretty bitches.  It is a big ring, and That is the Way it is!  First is Shadyrock’s Dancing Doll, Second is Acara’s Cazadora, third is Sunrize Meg-A-Million V Jeri-Lan and fourth is Sher-Lo’s All American Doll.
 
Dania is helping me with what is going on, and so it should make more sense.  Now, on to the Dogs.  More to come.
 
Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

No comments: