Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday after 12-18 dogs

I walked the results to Bill Pfeiffer, and he already had them. I think I should e-mail them, but it seems stupid.  Not that that ever slowed me down.  Jamie is doing the dogs now, and I went to talk to Marth Rinke and Bob Eaton about the new Lee Childs novel, and she is into Vachss with me. But, Dave says you have to be carful who you send them to, and he is right.
 
Jamie has a group of seven out there and another group of seven standing by.  Liz moves to the fron, and there they go.  Lenny is second then Reggie and then Ken. She walks to Patty and moves her in front of Ken, and in fourth place.  Lou has joined us, so it is Bob, Dania, Tony and myself.  There is a bit more crowd reaction now, and I see Bart watching, without a dog in this class.  I just talked to Jake Jahelka, and it is good to see old friends, not that he is that old.  Twyla and Tedi are intent on the class, so I can’t talk to them, not that there is anything wrong with that.  It is four o’clock and we are running a bit late. We still have the Futurity to go.
 
Marie Federo is here looking for someone, and has over 300 signatures on her petition. I didn’t sign it, because I don’t know enough about the situation. Cindy Davis just joined us. She is looking cute with short hair, I think Seatle is working for her. Sharon Albright walked by and I was able to talk to Pat Ayres a minute ago, and he has brought flowers again.  Carl Radzivitch walked by and waved, I guess that is all I get.  Dania and I are trading old people jokes. I wonder what started her on those.
 
Erin and Nancy walked by and evidently the wind has come up outside, but in here you would never know. I guess we are in for rain, but without a dog to walk, or puppies to tend to, I just don’t care. It is all about me. 
 
Jamie moved Georgie up front, then Scotty, then Jr. And Lennie, with Kent in Best of Dump. Jamie wants the first five, and dthe last four are standing there.  WOW!  The crowd likes that, and is giving it up for the first dog, Hicliff Free’N Easy V Hadori.  There go the last four, and Nicky Bunch is standing in front of us.  Not much reaction on those but some nice ones.  Jamie still looks strong, and she lets the last three go, and now there are six left, and she is looking them over with her hands on her hips.  She walks down the line, and looks at each dog, and gives each one a long look. She crosses her arms, tells them to take off, and there they go. This should be it, but no, she is only taking the first three, three good ones.  They hug the white wall, and I think the first one is going to be hard to beat. Now she takes the last three, and Kent is leading, and in fourth place if nothing changes.  These dogs are in great condition and look like they could go all day. I doubt they will need much more.  She walks to the last three, and says something to Kent and looks at them again, and wants to see only the last three, again. There they go, and now they are somewhat slower.  Kent has slowed them down, and his dog looks great that way. Jamie walks over to the group, and is looking at the third and fourth, and moves Kent up, to third.  It was a good pass for him. She is looking them over, and has her hands on her hips, and the one in front, with Georgie isn’t going to move a muscle. And she says, “Take them around”. This is a big ring, bu ther all go with a lot of applause.  And, that’s it. But, OOPS!  She forgot about her other group.
 
Jamie is embarrassed and so she brings out the other group. This is not easy stuff, and it could happen to anybody.  There goes the second group, and those people are happy to even get a chance.  I feel for Jamie, but it could happen to anyone. The difficult thing is to now do what you want to do, and not let it influence your judging. Liz is in front of this group, and Jamie excused the last three, and now brings the other group with her first five from this group.  She has ten in there, and is going to arrange them. She moves the first two from each group up together, and is looking them over.  She wants to see these four, and I doubt the current arrangement is going to last. It is Liz Jeff, Georgie and Scotty. They have to be tired, and the dogs have been working like crazy.  Now Jamie goes to the last group, and takes them around, with Reggie, Patty, Kent, JR, and Tifany   I have to admit, this makes it more interesting, and Jamie goes to the front, pulls Georgie in front, the Scotty, Kent, and JR.  AND THAT’S IT AGAIN! 
 
First is Hi-Cliff Free’n Easy V Hadori, second is Jogra’s Sgt. Pepper, third is Kaleef’s Joshua V Kenlyn and fourth is Shadow Acres & Castlehills IN Cahoots.  That’s my final answer.
 
More after the Futurity judging.
 
Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

No comments: