Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lunch break on Wednesday

We are at the lunch break and doing the presentations.  Dania was here, and I got to talk to Tiffiny and Joann, and also a minute with Dave Rinke, and also said a few words with Don Knight. Everyone is here, and I understand more are coming in. I just got the assignment to take the marked catalog to Bill so he can post the winners, butr remember you saw it here first. I just saw Sue Witmer, and Nancy Nellis is here giving instructions.  Joan Fox went by, and they are doing an attack demonstration. Now that is impressive.  The dog is an actual army dog, so he doesn’t release easily, this is for real.  They had the agitator try to get away, and the dog won’t hear of that.  The dog is taking more commands, and seems to know more of what is going on than the handler.  Now the handler is patting down the suspect, and the dog is watching, and there they go, and the dog doesn’t take his eyes off the agitator.  Impressive.
 
I just found out that Judy Carador is in the hospital,a nd not doing well. Let’s take a minute to think of her and send a prayer.  We all could use a bit of help now and then.
 
The winners of the 9-12 dogs is in, and a dog bred by Liz Leshorn won, and she is still grinning.
First was Voncalla’s Make My Day V Lealynn, second was Melana’s Orion, third is Inverness Tbird Ekolan and fourth is Rojan De Oro.  My catalog is gone, so I will have to steal someone else’s.  We found out that Dania tried to steal my catalog, but she brought it back though extreme feelings of guilt.  Also, it seems I had my name on it, and had pre-marked the Specials class.
 

Bob Penny is talking to us, and the demonstration  dog in the ring took the arm sleeve and ran off with it to play. Now he brings it back to his handler, and that is one happy dog. I saw Mike Sherman’s daughter, I can’t believe how old she is. She is playing with Joan Ford right now, and it is quiet, as we have ten minutes before we do anything else.  I talked to Jammie, and she is smoking right now, and I agreed it is not a good day to quit, but after today, I will be back on her case.
 
OK, first big snafuu. They decided they will do the Working Dog demonstration before judging starts. So, everything is backed up an hour. The handlers and bitches were ready to go in, and there are a bunch of ticked off people. But, on the other hand, wht can you do about it?  Time to go find a White Castle, I can only eat so many chicken strips. Jack Kilgore just came by, and I was talking to Jennifer Root. I did see Joey, and see Patty Breau, but other than that, it is quiet and peaceful.  More to come.
 
Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

No comments: