Thursday, October 19, 2006

Novice Bitches on Thurs.

I love coming in early with an empty arena, and the expectation of things yet to come. Yesterday was fun but too long. We got back to the room after nine and we were too tired to go out to eat.  It was interesting to see how many people were here yesterday, usually the first day there aren’t that many people as some come in each day. But it was crowded and most of the box seats were full. It seems like more people were here than normal.
 
Dan Smith is starting the Novice Bitch class and the Fords just got here.  I see Bob Penny wearing a great green jacket, and speaking of that, Bob Grady has a good looking purple jacket, and Don Smith is here talking to Fran.  I see Joan Eberts and Nancy and Sue Godek, (I know she has a new name, but I don’t know what it is), and Sam Colven just came by.  Big Dave is walking with Pam Stoesser, and now the people are starting to come in.  Andrea Sobel came by to let us know she is available for handling in Specials, so if anyone needs a handler let us know.
 
They have a board here where handlers can list what they are available for, and so far it seems to be working. I see Linda Kury, The Guz has her bitch Kridler’s Last Rose of Summer in there now, and she is very “up” and looks good.  I did get to talk to Helen Fisher for a minute, and plan to spend some time with her today. The follards are up and again looking great. Thanks again to Pat Brown. 
 
Every year I get to sit with Bob Drescher and exchange jokes. It is amazing that at our ages we can forget them all, and just tell them over and over. Diane Brown is in the ring now with Honey Be Good, and nice looking bitch.  I did get time to talk to Jane Kerner for a bit, that is always fun. I do want time to talk to Jeff Mobeus before the show is over, and so I will set some time aside for that. Sharon Albright is here talking to us for a minute, and someone found a wallet. Karen Wagner is sitting with us, and in full purple and looking great. 
 
It is very calm yet, and most of the people are in the boxes and not doing much more than watching.  The ring is split again. Bob and Carol Moor are here, and I just heard that there was a big flap,(I missed it) about having the ring open for 12-18, and then closed again for today. The word I got was that they opened it for the WDA demonstration, and just didn’t want to close itr again. Dania just walked by and did pomise to come up and sit with us. We are turning into a team. It is Bob, Dania and Tony. They let me sit off to the side and Blog.  I am wearing my Blog Man shirt, and I have been promised a cape and mask for the next show. Don Jones is in front of us, and talking to everyone.
 
About now I have to start to think about gifts for all the people in the office. Dick Jennings and Carrie Foglesong, (Corrasco) are easy, I gave them both Red Books. The rest of them don’t care about dogs, so I may have to just go find St. Louis stuff.  I see Dan Dyer just came in, and is looking over the catalog.  Jamie came by to say hello, and she looks fantastic again today, and is walking by with Susan. Bob Freeny is sitting with us for a bit, and we are talking about his puppy, who won his class.   Greg Eshett just walked by and here comes Tish.
 
It was good to see Art Sinclair win his class.  This is the first show without Linda, and I miss her. The last National she was at was here four years ago.  Liana New is sitting with us, and she gets better looking every year.  She had a winner yesterday and is still smiling.  I see Bill Leonard is here.  And I will have to go talk to him. Gary Szynzyk came by and was talking about changing the shedule for the future nationals, I agree we need less dead time.  I see Sharyll Brocket and Peter Cassiopio, and now I am going to watch the show for a bit.
 
Never mind, he is still doing the individuals. Reggie is out there with Give Me Liberty, and I think that is the last one of the second group.  So, now on to some judging.  Dan looks them over and pulls Tiffany and then Georgie, and goes to the end.  George has Venezuela, and Tiffany has Nic’N Easy.  He doesn’t seem to like any of the other seven in this group, and so he tells them to go around, aned there they go with some long faces.  Jimmy just came by and is watching the class, and Dan tells three of them to join the other two and sends the rest out of the ring.  He keps in five, and Alex is in fourth. Kim is back and has work to do, so she might have to leave early. 
 
Dan is watching them Now he wants to see the last part which seems to be for the other group, and The Guz is in front.  He has four from this group, and four from the other. Okay, now I am confused there is another group there, so evidently I have lost control of what is going on.  Oh great, now he placed them, first is Karizma’s Venezuela, second was Breauhausen’s Second Wind ,, third is V Brucker’ Windy Acres Y Not Me and fourth Kridler’s Last Rose of Summer.  If it is wrong it is Kim’s fault so you can blame her. Now, on to the boys. Where are the congressmen?
 
Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

No comments: