Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Futurity Bitches

I was sitting with Nancy Hubbell and wish Midas could have been here. He is one of my top choices.  Futurity Dogs are done, and Morton did a great job, and explained why he did what he did.  First was Todorhaus Black Hawk V. Lutzhaus, Wyatt Erp V Tin
Roof, Third was TRJ's Johnny Walker Red V Luzak and Fourth was Cross Timber's Harvey of Candias.  Now the bitches are in the ring. Gloria is ready to start judging.  Captivia came by, she is the Draper daughter,, and a great person. I have so enjoyed watching her grow up. 

I got to talk to Morton, he was dismissing the long bodies are not going to make it under him, and I agree. We are starting to get a longer dog.  I am not sure I would fault it, but I do recognize the problem. We are also getting a bigger dog and bitch.  Again, in my opinion, I don't mind the size. 

Erin is here not talking to Cindy.  Nice people, and Gloria is starting to go through the bitches. 

I saw Tony last night, and he will be helping announce on Saturday.  The rest of the time, it will be Bob and me.  I do enjoy doing it, I get bored at dog shows.  Hell, I get owned at movies.  I have a short attention span, and often when I am talking about something, I will


And, Gloria is taking them around.  Kent is taking around a bitch, and I see Scott with Don Knight's bitch. We saw Elizabeth Knight  in K Mart last night.  We went there to buy candy for the shows. I always have a bowl of candy at the announcer's table, otherwise no one would come talk to me.  Olivia just went around.  I miss Leslie, and didn't know how much I would.  So many gone forever, and it changes the National for me.

Mike has a bitch in there that does not want to be told what to do.  My Maria has a mind of her own, and he is doing what he can with her.  She is a very stylish bitch and a great mover.  I would put her up.  I guess I should not say stuff like that because I may  judge some shows in the future. Lacey just went around, and I do like her.  There are a lot of people here, but few are watching the show. 

Everything is going well at the office. Both of my court appearances were taken care of.  So, I made a right decision to come to the show.   John Beamont was here, and seems in great shape. He looks younger than last year.  John is one of those I look forward to seeing at the National, and now that he married Vickie, I can visit with them both.  Two people i do like and respect.

Gloria has broken her classes, as she does. six at a time, and she moves Olivia and Mike to second and third.  I   see she has Lacy in front and Mike in second.  Now third.  She takes Mike alone and YES she puts him in front of the group.  Now in second with LACY back in front, and out they go that way, and in with the next group.  Zach, Bill Tank, Kent, Another group, only five. Ben Bigonia is here, not dressed to handle. 

Kent is leading the group, and individuals being done. I did get to talk to Celeste, that is always a high point in my day. That, and giving a hug to Diane Brown.  I can't believe how her daughter has grown.

Look, this is a great facility for dog shows. It is just so hard to get to, if you live in California. Very few West Coast people are here, but the grounds are beautiful, and everything is here.  But, I still think we should rotate so others can see our breed.

Gloria is taking them down and back, and now lines them up.  She gives them a look, and moves Kent to third.  And, she goes down the line touchings each of them.  I can't imagine how hard this must be for Gloria with Cappy gone. Diane Brown in the lead with a great new hair du.  And they stand again.  Bob (The Voice of The National) called the other group back.  Out with the old, and in with the new.

They are calling the Amateur Dog class. One dog, but still a chance for a ribbon. 

The group is in there, and one came out, but they are taking bibs, so I guess she is reducing her choices.  She has got six left.  Kelly is in front, then Mike.  I guess my eyes aren't what they should be, as i can't see the numbers.  Now the last three, Olivia, Diane andKent.  And they line up again, Gloria says, (gestures), slow and easy and off they go. More interest than the dogs, but it is warmer. Bill Tank just came by and said someone dropped off a room key. I suggested it might have been a suggestion, b ut he didn't think so.  Now she has five.   Down and back.  She puts Zach  in second. and walks to the center of the ring and off they go.  Gloria puts her arms.

First is Kenlyn's Lacey, Second is Hello  Goodbye of Kennelwood Edan, third is Winsome's Mover Ovbear Boys and  Fourth is Bark Hills Sunshine of Baskerville