Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Maturity Bitches

)time for the Maturity Bitches.  They are in the ring with Gloria.  There are seven in there in there, or at least Tom says so.  He is standing in front of me, so it is hard to see anything.

We are but one class from finished, until 5:00 pm when we have the hospitality.  I guess we are going to that to see if we find some new friends.  It sort of looks like a mandate.  I miss having Summer here, along with so many others.  But, it is still fun to see those I miss the rest of the year.  Kent always makes me laugh, and Jeff is standing here now. Dawn came by, but she just wanted some candy.  It was good to see Jeff's dog win, that group of breeders have made a real impact on the breed.  Sam Israel was by for a bit, and he seems to have a dog with him.  I just realized Bob (The Voice of The National) actually enjoys announcing. So, I will do as little as needed.  It gives me more time to Blog, which is probably not a good thing.

It is comfortable out now, and I might even take off my jacket.

Scott just went around with Ulyssa, and got some reaction.  I see Joan Fox, and I do need to talk to her.  Traveling Gal is going around,and I like that kind of movement.  A Man U Man daughter is out there, Breathtaking. That is her name, I try not to give opinions.

It feels like people have settled in.  Not much applause, and a lot of talking between the audience.  Not even a lot of double handling.  I don't think there is a loss of interest so much as not we are waiting for Specials on Saturday.   It means something when I only know the sires and dams, and maybe my time is only in the past. I will check in another 50 years or so.  Too bad Twyla didn't make it, we could commiserate with each other.  Can you imagine how valuable Spell Check is to me?

Frank Frasano told me he has been to the German show seven years in a row.  That is a lot of international travel.  I debated going to St. Louis.  I can't imagine those trips.

I did talk to D.D. Ardoin for a bit, he always has some good ideas.  I do admit, I have spoken to a lot of more people, I just can't remember names. I offered a few years ago to pay for name tags and ribbons, but the board didn't want me to do it. 

I took four chairs to set for the announcer's table, and they got taken.  Amazing what is important.  We need a guard dog.  Maybe someone excused in the first cut.  Gloria hasn't moved them yet, but she lines them up.    By getting Tom to move one step to the right, I can see the judging.  Gloria is going over each bitch and putting her hands on them.  She stands back and gives instructions, and off they go as a group, only the first three.  And now, they stand together and off goes the last four.  The crowd likes Traveling Gal.  Gloria takes them down and back.  She does them one at a time. Morton took three together.  And, now back in line stacked.

Now, Scott in front, then Olivia. They stop in that order and Gloria moves them and puts Olyvia in front.  Now, those three and the rest, and THAT'S IT!  First is Ch Beauchein's Traveling Gal, Second is GCH Breal-Ulyssa, Third wasTindrock Gem-N-I Reagan, and Fourth is Aramist Signatures What Goes On In Vegas V Lasvada.

I want to urge you breeders to us shorter names,

More as the World Turns. For now, I am packing up and see where we are going to set up later.

Evan