Sunday, October 09, 2016

A Brief History of Time - At the National

As I prepare for the National, I am learning things for the trip.
 
Zoe told me I have a "hot spot"  on  my phone to send the Blog, instead of tethering to my lap top. 
 
Now, I had purchased a portable "hot spot" about five years ago. Purchased a new lap top when mine gave out at the National in the middle of the show.
 
I learned how to tether to my phone when at one National the board member in charge refused to let me use the inter net within the building telling me it was a club function.
 
I was told at one National there was no room for me at the announcer's table, (when I said I would go on the List to say I would not be Blogging, she found me room).
 
Then I was told that I had to be the Unofficial Blog after I must have offended someone.
 
I was going to figure out how to use my "hot spot" on my phone, but then figured out why I would rather tether.
 
My computer is so old, (matches me), that the battery is only good for two hours or so and is slow on the battery. So, I always plug it in.  If I tether, as I am on line, it is also charging my phone.  With a "hot spot" it wouldn't do that.
 
I finally figured out something with my computer that makes sense.
 
Now if I could only learn why women plan so far in advance for the National. Tedi has been laying out clothes for a week. I plan to work half day Monday, then go home and pack and head to the airport. I think it is a sex linked genetic trait.
 
Evan