Thursday, October 13, 2016

My personal rant

OK, here's the thing. We just go to the room at 11:00 pm. What bird brain decided to start the Futurity at five pm?  If you want to have seminars, have the Futurity/Maturity first, then the education with a dinner.  This is worse than stupid. 
 
The owners and handlers are out walking and feeding dogs, and we start tomorrow at seven am.
 
The host hotel is less than a Motel Six. They have no food, and the bar closed at ten.  The room smells musty, and when we had them service the room, they didn't vacuum the rug.  Next time, if we ever have the National in St. Louis again, I am going to find a Motel Six.  Even with the kitchen closed, they didn't offer a discount.  No breakfast, but there is a McDonalds across the road, so that is not all bad.
 
On the other side, I saw a lot of great friends. I enjoyed seeing people like Tim Brown, and Maryellen Kish. Bob Kish is doing great, and I even saw Ann Schultz for a minute.  Bob (The Voice of The National), and I always have fun.  I got to talk to Martha Simonete, and she always can make me laugh. I look forward to seeing so many people. I suppose if I saw then more often I would not feel this way. Lin Ferguson is one of my favorites each year, and I am sorry George didn't join her. He did one year, and I enjoy talking to him. Of course Joan Fox always is one I like to see, and if you haven't met Murray, you are missing a great man.
 
I am so tired, I am ready to head home.  California sound great right now.  But, tomorrow is another day. With a good three hours of sleep, I will be ready to go at it again.  Tomorrow is the Annual Meeting and I promised Helen I would go. It could be interesting if they don't hold it in closed session.
 
Tomorrow is another day.  La De Da. La De Da.