Saturday, October 15, 2016

Bitches

We have finished the Juniors, and are now presenting the AOE awards.  There are six of them this year.  All have gone Select, so they are quality dogs and bitches.  Not only great breeding, but also a lot of hard work to get that performance award.
 
It seems like a lot of people have left, but maybe they are at the Gold Page Luncheon.
 
Here come the girls. It is amazing the difference from the males. So little interest. Helen is cutting the class,and in the first group, I see eleven. It is interesting sitting between Bob and Dick Jennings. I told Bob I liked the dog Kent brought in, and he told me she was his bitch who went second select behind his grand victrix.  I never remember who I put up the next day.
 
There go the first group. Some mice bitches, but nothing that blows me away, in the first half.  The White Wall shows up a lot you might miss. Charlotte LaRosa came by and is looking good. Ed Barritt is starting trouble with the crowd, and I am ready to head home.  But, some people want to know what the bitches do. So, I will stay.
 
This individual exam is a real snoozer.  Maybe we should eliminate it, and just get to movement. We could just ask the person about temperament and eye color, and then let them be judged on side-gaitl
 
I am tired and don't have much amusing to say. I did see  Flower Boy's wife, and she is a great author. She seems to be enjoying the show. Ed, not so much.  It is cold in here, and often it is warmer outside. That is good for the dogs and the handlers, not so much for the announcers.
 
Tony has left, and Bob has disappeared. Bill Basu is in the middle of the ring. I had one Heath bar left I was saving for myself. But, I got an offer I could not refuse, so I gave it up.
 
I like Bill's bitch ishe is Disturbin' The Peace. Were I judging she would be in the front. If I ever run to judge the national, know enough not to vote for me. Candy Espe just came by.  What is the difference between ignorance and indifference?
 
I don't know and I don't care.
 
I notice Helen is telling people to take them around and put them where she wants them to go. I don't remember ever seeing that before. It is so boring that I bought some raffle tickets. I don't know what the prize is, but I bought them just to pass some time.
 
The crowd liked Razzle of Rosarita of Clayfield and Tazzman's Extra Special. I think it might be the "x" factor.
 
I do like Trinity, and she goes in fourth.   I am evaluating them after they go around, but Helen does it before they go. Helen is getting some instruction from John.  I don't know what it was about, but we see it is taking a while. That's the group and Helen looks them over and tells them to "take it easy' and walk them. Now she moves Rosarita to the front.  It is Lindsey in front. Her bitch is so much smaller, and probably the standard, and Helen signals another walking round. Now Kelly is in second and she moves George up to third and leaves it like that.
 
In comes the next group, another nine.  Lots of bitches and the same proceedings, but different dogs with different handlers. I took a break and went to get t-shirt for Flower Boy. They didn't have any left in his size. And, I can't find him again. I liked the shirt. it said, "BLACK DOGS MATTER"   I thought we could buy it and drive up to Ferguson for dinner.
 
While Dave Rinke said this was like watch paint dry. I don't' agree.  It is more like watching grass grow. Were I not binge eating candy, I would be sleeping.  I am so excited to see the political ads in the next week. What more can be said?  Bill Tank with a black and he goes to third.  If we had a mike on Helen we would know where each bitch was going before she went around. That would take a lot of tension out of the show.  Diane takes Melody of Love around and moves to fourth. 
 
Man, there are a lot of bitches in there.  Another all black, Place Your Bets.   Now Leslie with Apple of My Eye, she leave the ring.  But, mercifully, this is the end of this group. They walk. Kent in front with the black. They walk again. They walk again.  Helen walks to the front of the group, the rest are still walking, and out they go. One more group  to go. 
 
Eleven in there including the two veteran bitches and the Winner's Bitch.  She didn't give the Winner's Dog Select.  Let's see what she does with Winner's Bitch. Shirley Briggs O'Brien and Nancy Hubble came by for candy. Without the candy, we would never get to meet any women. 
 
Helen is still judging, so the least I can do is keep watching. Only three more class animals to go.  Maybe two, one seems to be absent. It is freezing in here. I have to put my hands on the side of my lap top where the fan is, just to warm up.
 
This is the last class bitch, and I am seeing spots. I keep thinking it is some sort of bug,and finally realized it is exhaustion. But, I keep typing.  Now a move-up, just to drag it out.  It is four, and I do wonder about the dinner.  Maybe we go right from the show. I don't know where it is, but I know it isn't in the Host hotel.  Another move-up. Color Guard out of Aquila. I like her.  Helen gave her a direction and takes her down and back for the third time.  Helen stares at her, looks at the group, and directs her where to go. She is doing all this without notes. She puts her in second. Now,the Winner from Long Coat class she must have been a move up. Now Kent with the Winner's Bitch.  Let's see if she goes with her.  Kent got his directions so he told whoever is outside to sit down. He goes to First.  
 
I asked Bob if Helen would put Winner's Bitch to Grand Victrix. He told me Barbara Amidon did it. In Utah Bob gave Aquila Winner's Bitch and Barbara gave her Grand Victrix. This year in Canada, Bob gave her Grand Victrix.  It is fun to sit with him to listen to his memories.
 
Now Zelda from Veterans.  Helen walks over to the class,, up to the front,and looks over the group and heads them out.  Walk. Nicole in front, then Kent. Walk again.  Walk again. Things that make you glad you are too old to handle.
 
And that seems like enough. Now the fiasco of the lines.  Maybe a new title for the National.  Yes, this group lines up East to West. Next to it the next group, next to that, the next group lined up the same, etc.
All the bitches in the ring at the same time, now in rows.  Not even corn rows, which would be interesting. You can't see anything, and when she takes them around, she can't see it either, but she takes the front of each line. So, maybe she already made up her mind.
 
It's like Waldo.  I finally found Helen, who can only see the bitches in flashes as they go past the other in the lines. She pulls two,then sends the rest to ring purgatory. And, more of the same.
 
Two rows Helen can see what is there and we can find Helen.  She does have some notes from the groups, and now the last line.  And she takes them around.  Helen counts what she has kept and walks to the line of the rest, that look like the entire class and sends them out without a consideration, or a chance for us to see them.
 
Now there are twelve. And she puts them back in lines from each group, from two to four in a line. Very strange.  She sends someone out.
 
Then there were eleven and she takes two to make another column.
 
There are three or four columns, it is hard to tell. I thinkthe one near me has two.  This is as much fun as the National election, and she Pulls Kely, Then Scott, and Lindsey, and Lenny.  She is looking for another and pulls Georgie and Kent. Art,,and then non-handlers.  Oh, did I say that?
 
Wow, she was able to get the handlers up front and WALK.
 
She is talking to Kent, and moves him to fourth.  WALK.
 
There they go with Kelly in front and moves the little girl to six in front of Lennie and Art.  Off they go WALKING.  Lindsey moves up to Second. She was working the best. It looks like she is trying to work them down. WALK. Helen stops them and moves someone up in front of art. WALK. 
 
Daisy still in front and she is not slowing down, followed by Lindsey and Helen walkks to them and move Lindsey up front.  Razzle leading the group and way out front, walking and Helen takes them again and this should be it. She gives them all a look and they come around and Lindsey kicks her up and YES.
 
First is Ch Norberge's Razzle Rosarita of Clayfield
 
Second is Windover's Daisy of Abuah
 
Third is Ch Caretti's Disorderly Conduct
 
Fourth is Ch R.O.;s Charlotte Russe
 
Fifth is Ch Tazzman's Extra Special
 
Sixth Ch Todorhaus' Trinity
 
Seventh is Ch Depaul's I'm Too Sexy OFA
 
Eighth is Ch Karizma's Raven of Riverrock
 
Ninth is Ch Symphony's Casts a Large Shadow
 
Tenth is GCHB Forest Knoll's Coconut V Winsome
 
 
It has been a long week. It was fun to do this and all mistakes and slights are intentional, and I meant it all.  It was fun to see everyone.  I had a few people come by to tell me I said something nice, and few who chewed me out,and a lot who are indifferent to me.  I enjoyed them all.
 
Next year, I suspect it will be Big Dave. But, we are not going to the dinner, so I am sure someone will announce it. I am headed for a comfort break, thanks for reading.