Saturday, October 08, 2016

And now it begins, not the big hurt


I don't know who "we" is, but Helen will give us her opinion and pick on Saturday. 
I am in contact with Helen by email, and I hope she has a great time at this show. There was a nasty confrontation with the board,but it is resolved,and will not affect our National.  We should all attend the annual meeting and voice out requests for open board meetings.  I know Helen will be there.
I do plan to go to the National, plan to Blog, and will be picking up Bob Dresser, (The Voice of The National), at the airport on Wednesday evening. Starting Thursday morning we should be in full force, have plenty of candy to entice you to come by the announcer's table, and say hello, and be looking for your company.
I did hear from Elizabeth Ferguson, and she will be there.  I know Nancy Hubble was going to rent a van, but they didn't have it when she went to pick it up, so she bought one. She will be there.
To begin the Blog, I was just told by my law clerk, Dick Jennings, that the Drapers are on their way with nine dogs.  I think they have four Futurity/Maturity winners. This should be a great National for them.  I know Pat and Celeste will be in St. Louis. 
Dick Jennings may or may not go, (Jennerick Kennels), but if he is there, be sure to say hello. He just told me he is going to retire at the end of the year. He has worked with me for 34 years, (or so). It will be difficult to see him go.  He has one of the most fantastic minds I have ever seen.  When I told him Ernie Loeb was doing the National, without missing a beat he told me the last time Ernie judged, in the first cut were the next three years Grand Victors.  Who has a mind like that?
Zoe hasn't shown me again how to post to the Blog, so I will see if this works. If not, I am working Saturday, Sunday and part of Monday, (up to our flight), so she can help me if it doesn't work.  Yes, Paul, I do need to learn new each year. Some things never change.
Other than that, and knowing the SV shows have a record entry, we have 120 Specials entered, the hotel kitchen burned so there is no food at the host hotel, everything looks good so far for another fun adventure.  Some tears, some joy, some fights, some new friends, lots of old ones, some bell rings for memories, and always new ideas and experiences.
I hope to see you there.
Evan