Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Futurity dogs

It is eight o'clock and we are starting with the Maturity dogs.  I missed the amateur handlers' class. Tedi and I got the last two hamburgers before they closed.  Big mistake. I never had a burger with sawdust in it.
 
Bill Leonard is standing behind us, so I won't bring up politics. It is one long day.  We start at 7:30 each day, so it is going to be long week. Joyce Ebert came by, as Sue continues to look at the males. It may just be me, but the Futurity Dogs looked better.  Karen Taylor is here and everyone has settled down.  I was going to White Castle and get four dozen for everyone, but I ran  out of time. Maybe tomorrow.
 
I see more and more people whose name's I can't remember.  So, I asked Bob, and he is worse than me. I need someone younger to sit with me, but the younger people want to ignore me. Who said the youth don't have wisdom.
 
I find it interesting that Sue makes extensive note after each dog, but goes to the table to do it. Now it is Kent with DuChien's Honor Guard.  A Captain American son.  I would breed Kisses to Captain America, were she not his sister.  Ricky is here and Lindsey walked by.  More note taking by the judge. Jennifer Root is here, Paul can't be far behind. Paul just walk  That is the first group.
 
She is pulling, Lennie, then Kent, then Jeff.  It takes three of us to get the names.  Lennie has Code Red, Kent with Honor Guard, and Jeff with Excalibur.  And off go the three of them, walking. Around go the "Not To Be" for this year.  And, now they line up.  Six in there, and she marks the book with John as the ring steward, she sends them out to bring out the next group.
 
Pam O'Dell is walking in front of us, the board member, and Sue Godek is still going the individuals. Bob Mahia and Leanna New too, but not together.  Sherri Moses is at the table. Sherri stopped to talk, more t Bob, but I got to listen. Sherri gets more beautiful every year.
 
California Chrome is in there now, with Zac. He is a great dog.  Sue gave him a good look, I think she liked him and didn't write much.  I see Richard Sottile doubling his dog.  Sue tells him to take him around.
 
She puts Agon D Rancho in front with California Chrome in second.  I would think he would be hard to beat. Two California dogs.  They walk and they stay that way.  Midas Touch with Mike now with Galieo in Second behind him. The first four dogs are Califonia dogs.  Linda Ferguson stopped by.  Now she looks great, and is always fun to talk to.
 
California Chrome in FRONT. Then Agon, and the rest where go and she pulls Kent up with Honor Guard.   Chrome looks great and I think he will win.  Chrome looks fantastic and Sue goes to the front of the ring, looks at teh hear, and the rear. Then to the next one, Honor Guard, and now to the third, and stands back and now Galielo.  She sure does pick the best, and Chrome back and forth, or for Ed, down and back.  And, they all get a turn, she makes no changes so far.
 
They stack and she  stands back and looks them over.  She walks to the end and looks some more.  She sends all but the first two back and there they go, first Zac, then Bill, Mike, Art, Kent, Lennie, Jeff and Scott. That's it First was California Chrome, Second was Bomar Agon De Rancho Backachers, Third was Champion Rosewood's Mida touch of Kansten, (yesterday's Best of Breed), and Fourth was GCH Ch Rosewood's Galileo TC.
 
It is 9:00 pm and we haven't done the Maturity Bitches.  I am exhausted.  But, I live to serve you.