Thursday, October 13, 2016

On going

Bob Slay came by. Ann Schultz walked by  ignoring me. I always said she was smart. There are handlers at the ready ring,and I now see Sue Godek with a great white jacket for today.  Galaxy's owner was talking to me about breeding. I didn't tell her I know nothing about dogs.  I have so much trouble bringing up names, so I will fill it in if the class isn't over.  I just noticed Nancy McDonald in the house. 
 
I wonder if the entries are here this early, I don't see any dogs except for Diane Brown.  Dave Rinke is walking with his lovely wife, and Channing Sheets came over to sit with Zac and Lindsey. They are now the top couple handlers in California.  Of course, they are also the only couple. 
 
Diane Brown and Tim Brown daughter is so cute. She stood at attention with her hand over her heart for the anthems.  Very moving. But, I am very tired this morning. I am not responsible for anything I say.  Of course, that is why this is the "Unofficial Blog".
 
Nancy Nellis is here walking with Nancy McDonald. I think the Nancys often hang together. Rita just came in all dressed up with diamonds aplenty.  Norma Hansberg is here early, and not introducing the judges. Not Norma, Tony did it.
 
The sound system is still not good, but HERE WE GO!
 
In they go, the 6 to 9 puppy dogs.
 
Nine in there now. Dick Jennings is here talking to me.  I see Pat Green and Dick's litter mate is in there. He has a super star puppy from Ann Schultz. I like the puppy, but he is extreme. Elizabeth Sieferman is in the ring and looks beautiful. She looks great, and I like the glasses. 
 
Bob is doing the individuals.  Ann Schultz did talk to me, but her puppy is in the ring. Dan Dwier is here, and so is Jane Kerner, (not together).  I don't want to start any rumors.  Actually I do, but I can't think of anything yet.
 
I see Hallie is here now, new glasses and a new haircut. There sure is a lot of Man-U-Man progeny.  He dominates with Tuesday's Best of Breed and Winner's Bitch.  the seats are filling up, and Lennie is out there with Dizzy Gillespie.  Joyce Ebert is talking to Dan Dwier.  Ann Schultz is sitting with us and talking to Dick.  Mike is out there with Love Me Tenbear.  Again, guess the breeder.  I don't want to give it away, but I did get to say hello to Frank Frasano.
 
Dick just told me the king of Thailand died. I am fighting extradition for a Monk who they want there so they can kill him. This might change my situation. That is why I almost missed the national. That and a triple murder, where my 17 year old client is considered a possibility of doing in her parents.
 
I have to leave to go get Bob, Jim and Tedi.
 
Bob is done with individuals, and starts moving them around.  HeartBearake is up front followed by what was I thinkin, Love Me Tendbear, Shot thru the Heart, I'm on Fire, and Big Bad Wolf.  He lets the rest go.  So he is down to 6.  Another look, and some crowd applause for Wolf.  Its still early, and not much noise from the crowd, but they are starting to wake up after a late night last night (we didn't finish judging till after 10pm).
 
Another down and back for each, and some more movement.  Bob moves Shot thru the Heart to the front, followed by Love Me Tendbear, Big Bad Wolf.  Bob looks at just those 3.  Still lots of crowd noise for Bib Bad Wolf, but Bob leaves him in third.  One more move to put Shot Thru the Heart in front, and that the way it ends.  Shot Thru the Heart, What Was I Thinkin, Big Bad Wolf, and Heartbearake Hotel.
 
9-12
And now 9-12 Puppy Dogs enter the ring.  As soon as the 6-9 puppy dogs were out, the 9-12 went in.  So hopefully this means the show will run quicker this year.  There are 12 dogs in the rings; Bob splits the class in two and starts looking at the first half.  At the start of 6-9, none of the vendors were here; now all of the booths are open for business.  The stands are slowly filling up.
 
Bob is keeping both groups in the ring, but working them separately.
 
First up is Somalia with Kent Boyles, Skywatch Rains Terror with Lindsey Hudspeth, Tecate with Ken Tank, I'm a Star with Greg Eschette, Fargo with Scott Yergin, Macedonia, Gusty Breeze with Olivia Calabrese, High Dollar with Mike Sherman Don Equis with Jeff Pyle, , Modelo, Gray Ghost with Lenny Brown, and Superstar.  And now Bob starts the individual exams.  Some spotty interest in the dogs; but most people are using the lull in activity to say hi to people they haven't seen since the last National. 
 
The individuals are done, and the crowd turns it attention back to the dogs.
 
Evan here. I just got back and so I will send this.