Friday, October 10, 2014

6-12 Bitches

 
The end, before the big day.
 
Bobbie and I are here. We are always the first people here. I ate with Rick Olowski this morning and the ring in empty. I love the sound of blow dryers in the morning.  It is an hour before showtime, and I am ruminating about the week.
 
We have had two great judges. They both take their time, give everyone a good look, and yet, get done in a short time. Watching Bob (The Voice of The National) on Tuesday, we saw the same thing. There is no wasted time, and there is no overworking of dogs.  Here comes Joan, looking as fresh as ever.  Joan came by and looks fantastic. She has  black long loose slacks, a black jacket, and a sparkler blouse.
 
Joan and Michel are here talking. Donna was here too. I got to spend some time with them.   Michel is here talking to Bob (the voice of the national), and talking about the judging.  And doing all dogs and all bitches is so much better, but grueling. Bob and Michel went to get something for breakfast, so now I can talk about them.
 
Michel was telling me that they are going to photoshop the winners. He was photographed with all the ribbons, and they will take the dogs pictures later, and put them together. Interesting.
 
Also, I like doing all the dogs, and then all the bitches.  We are done with dogs, and Joan will do the bitches, and then on to the Specials. So, it seems much faster, but hard on the judges.  I see DD is here and some people are starting to come in. It sounds like a hurricane with all the blow dryers.  This is a great facility. The sound system stinks, but no one seems to care.  I am not a fan of rain, but at least the crops are watered, and so are we.
 
I guess the vote was not to change, but it was interesting to see that over 400 people voted to take off the DQ on whites.  It sure says something. And in come the spectators.  Bill Tank is here and Karen Wagner looks great again. Kelly is here and Liz Oster is getting ready, two beautiful women.
 
They play the anthems and I have to admit,, I do like both the Canadian and the American. Even though we are the only country who celebrates war in our anthem, I still like it.
 
Tony is on the microphone and Bob is still off for breakfast.
 
Here we go, another day in paradise.
 
Jane Kerner is talking to Kent who seems back in shape but not dresed to show. She is now talking to Georgie. I know Kent pulled his hamstring, and he may be resting for Saturday. 
 
In come the 12-15 bitches, 10 of them in there.   The Patriot/Magic Marker puppy is there, and I do like her.  Big Dave is explaining why this surface is different for dogs.   Those that drag their toes can be heard.  Art is sitting here and talking.
 
Individuals now.  Joan looks as fresh as she did the first day.  Joyce Eberts is here and watching and I see Kelly waiting to go into the ring. Now Olivia is talking to Bobbie about filming and if nothing else, the lighting in this place is the best ever. 
 
The Patriot bitch is there, what a pretty bitch. And Man, can she move.  The Guz has joined us, and it is good to see him at the Big Show, but I miss him in the ring.  Now in the second group.
 
Tom Mesdag came by and is refusing candy. I see Gloria and Cappy came in and is splendid in her outfit. They must shop to go to the National. Lenny is here and I see Ann Schultz came early. Tedi is talking to Martha Rinke. They must be talking about me. What could be more important and interesting than me.
 
Jeffrey Glenn came in this morning and he is going to be a top handler if he keeps it up.  The judging goes on. Georgie is here and talking to the Guz.  Sam Isreal is here now too. 
 
Joan is done with the individual and walking down the line. She walks back and tells them to take a pass.  Scott in front, Kelly, Moris, Christy, and Jeff.  Off they go.  Out they go andin comes the second group. Lenny, another, Cindy, Olivia, Bill, Scott and the rest. They are all in there together and all ten take a pass.  I don't know what you call the slacks Joan is wearing but we used to call them harem pants.  She takes the first five.  Off goes the second group.  Lenny in the lead.  No one has moved yet.
 
Joan tugs her ear, and moves Lenny to the front, (oh, it is just the group), not Lenny then Bill Tank, Olivia Scottie and Christy. It is 442, 447, 445, 448 and 451. Now a change 448, 451, 442, 447 and 445. That might be it, and YES, that's it,
 
First is Wolf-Creek Serena V Wonderland. Second is Bmeer-Koldren I Put A Spell On You V Ztut. Third is Woodside's Vogue. And Fourth is Laslar's Xrated of Asgard V Kodiak-Ridge.