Thursday, October 09, 2014

Open Dogs

OPEN DOGS
 
Belagio is in front, (382) with Bill Basu.  I always felt he was a handsome sable.  13 in the class.  This isn't like the Nationals used to be, but still a lot of quality. He takes the first five.  382 through 386.  First out is Bellagio with Bill, 382. Then Field's N Stream's, 383.  Next is 384 Allenmade, and I would list the rest, but I guess everyone can read the catalog, and I am worn with typing and have two more days.  Ernie Loeb's son is here.
 
It is quiet in here. I think everyone is contemplating the storm to come.  There is food inside but the dogs are in if they can be.  There is also food outside - Evan decided to brave the weather for a Gyro.  Next up is Al Martin with Star Wars (385).  Last in this group is Mike Sherman with Emerson (386).  The crowd sounds restless, but not much applause at this point.  I think everyone is waiting until after individuals and Michel starts rearranging.  Michel looks down his group of 5, and has them take a lap one at a time as he makes a few notes.  A few more notes; and then one more lap and he sends them out of the ring.
 
In comes the next group of 4.  Up front is Turn Around Look at Me (388).   Kent was listed as the handler, but he is outside the ring.  Next is Erin Rogers (391) followed by Diane Brown with Angus Bull (392) and last is Olivia with Coriander (393).
 
I went out in the rain for lunches, and so we get to eat. Judging still going on. I just saw Cappy climb over the back of a chair. I am sorry to take a break, but even I have to eat. Although I hate doing it.
 
There are a lot of good looking dogs in there.  I am glad not to be judging. Of course I am also glad not to be handling, not to be in prison, and not to be in boiling oil.
 
There is a lot to be thankful for.
 
Last group in there. When I don't post, it seems to go quickly doesn't it. Bill Leonard is sitting in front of me. He took Tedi's chair, and I don't think she will try to throw him out.  Kierk is here to visit and he remembers me, but loves Tedi.  I may have to feed him when he comes home.  Only four in there but 398 is something else, Carbon Co;py, and Marquis Stealing The Show son.  I also like Leslie's dog, 396, Spiderman.  He is a big stallion type dog. 
 
Michel is moving right along, but everyone gets a good look. He moves to the middle and in comes the first group. Everyone still have dreams of going Winner's Dog and on to Grand Victor.  IT COULD HAPPEN!
 
I talked to Ann Schultz, and saw Koby earlier, he looks great.
 
Around they go.  Some for the last time.  He walks to them and pulls 382, 385 and 386, Bill with Baligio, Al with the all black and Mike with Emerson.  Now on to the next group.  Those made the first cut. And he looks them over, the next four. 388, 391, 392, and 393.  He wants to keep only 388 and has him take a pass to the group next to heaven.
 
In comes another four. He looks them over, and goes down the line.  Leslie has a real handsom dog, 396, no wonder it is Spiderman.  Michel looks them over, and walks back to the class, and starts at the fron, and pulls Spiderman 396, and 398.  Now there are six.
 
382, 285, 386, 389, 385, and 398.  He is looking them over and checking his notes, and he stops at Spiderman and now up to the front again and saying one time each alone, and there goes Bill Basu and I guess he wanted them all because they all go.
 
I think Spiderman stands out.  But, Michel sets him and the last, with the fourth one and looks over his first three, and does a temperament check again and off they go.  Bill with 382, Al with 385, and Mike with 386.  Mike to second. Bellagio has led the class from the start and is all you could ask for in style. He is shown on a full loose lead and gives his all.  He is in great condition.  Kierk is still in Tedi's lap.
 
On to the second half of the class the second three. Sylvan has an all black, then Leslie and Liz. He walks over and pulls Liz with 398 and Leslie in second in that group and Sylvan last.  He looks at them standing on a loose lead, and walks around them while the handlers work the crowd.  Now he has to decide.  He wants them around and to the end of the other three.
 
No changes and now all the first three again, Bill still in front.  He takes them down and back, but now not in front of us.  And now, all three for another pass.  Bill is breathing hard, but leading the class will do a lot for you.  He sends them to the side and pulls his other three. 
 
Dick Jennings is here, so I don't know who is watching the office.  Probably no one.
 
I am not sure which is his best group, but they are still in the position he put them in, and there goes the second group, and he sets the aside, and calls up his first group.  H puts Li9z in front, the Leslie, then Bill, Mike and Sylvan. It is 398, WeLove Duchien's Carbon Copy, 396 Ponca Hill Tantara Spiderman, 382 Topline's Bellagio and 386 Yarmork's Emerson, and YES That's it.
 
What a National Jane Kerner is having. I do wonder if she will still talk to me. And, I think Captain America may go Grand Victor!