Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Bitches and the end

Bitch Specials.
 
It is going to be a long afternoon.
 
I am sitting with Bill Leonard. In the ring come the bitches.  I won't bore you with who is there, but there are a lot of them, and when they get in, and get the individuals done, I will let you know what is going on. Or, if you want me to say he is checking temperament about 50 times, I guess I cand o that too.
 
Sue Godek is ring side and she loved Keirk. Of course, she just gave him a Group One, so she has to say that.  I just gave Bill Lenord some White Castle burgers.   Danny Dwier is here and Bart's mother is sitting watching.  And the judging continues.
 
I just passed candy around and the judging continues. Art is out there wi a dark Bi.  OK, I will look her up. It is Sundance's Annie Oakley.  I know that bitch and know she can move.  The crowd appreciates that movement, going slow and easy.
 
It isn't nearly as exciting as males.  I am sure to the owners it is, but it is quiet in here.  It isn't raining, but it was 52 this morning. For a California person, that is cold.  Kathy Potter came by, and she seems happy with her Grand Victor.  Kelly was talking to me, but she has to go back in for the next group.  It seems interminable, but I don't have anything invested, (see Kierk in prior posts), so I am not that interested. 
 
Candy Z is here. They pulled YadaYada, she is out of coat.  Bart looks fresh and has been judging now for almost seven hours.  I see Pat and Celeste at ring side talking to Bill Basu who is handling their bitch, Champion Cherpa's Camera Ready of Merivern.  If Bart is interested in movement, that should be a big winner.  They bought the bitch from Ann Schultz and I saw her as a puppy in Michigan before they bought her, and fell in love.  I liked the bitch too.
 
Now Bart looks over his group, makes some notes and moves on. Myrina is in there now, she is a daughter of Akaya, that fantastic bitch, and she is as good as her mother.  Bob, (The Voice of The National) and I are beat and ready to call it a day.  Art Sinclair is sitting in front of me, so is Cappy. I know they worked hard to get ready for The Big Show, and I feel badly for them. We had so many compliments on Kierk, but not so much from Bart.  He gave his opinion from the ring.
 
Love is All You Need is in there. I like that bitch with tons of style.  Kelly is showing her and she has been one of he best handlers for years.  The bitch should be in the top five, but no one asked me to judge, again.  Love is a strong mover, and Bart makes some notes.
 
Legend's Kensington is in there, and she is sired by Turmeric. I always loved Turmeric, and the people that own him.  Lindsey, (Zac's main squeeze), handles her and does a great job.  Craig and Cindy Miller are here and working the crowd.
 
Bart's mom is sitting next to us, and I introduced myself. She is 94, or so I am told.  She didn't seem to want to chat. I am probably too young for her.
 
Now, on to another group.  Leslie is out there with an all black, Black Magic Women.  She is a good one, and a lot of style. I like her posed and she hasn't moved yet.  There she goes, and I still like her.  The crowd loves her, unless her owners have a large family here.
 
It is Starlett O'Hara.  I like that bitch, and she is a Promise Keeper daughter. He is a real producer and this bitch is a great example. Stylish, perky, feminine and can move.  She should be up there. 
Lots of people talking to each other. Paula was here for a while. I found out that there is not Best Veteran, and that surprised me. 
 
I was just told by Tedi that I don't want to go to the after show dinner, so I sold my tickets. I got to thank Sue Godek on my loser dog, Kierk, and she was excited about him.  Back to local shows for the poor guy.
 
Bart is checking his notes and there may only be one class left, at the most two.  I wonder if I could buy his notes. Maybe we could buy them by class and then know what he thought. This may be a new revenue source.  We should investigate this.
 
There are negotiations to keep Bobbie, and he is going to keep me informed. Tim Brown is here with a whistle, I think he is just letting Diane know where he is. Paige owns the bitch with Diane.   Her name is Kiedrows Jerri Lee of Ferlin.  I watched Paige handle and she has a great future. The bitch is owned by Paige and Gina Kiedrowski.  I like that little girl, and the bitch is nice too.  She should be in there at the end. 
 
Mary Ann Imhoff came by and we got to talk about Phoenix.  I love what he produced and if we bred more, we would have used him. We have about a litter every other year, and hopefully we have Magic Marker, Rom in whelp to Exxon. That could be exciting, more than the show right now.
 
This is a bit long to sit and watch. I would just as soon watch paint drying.
 
We are on the last group, so it might be time to nudge the person next to you and wake them up.  I always get candy for the announcer's table and Bob, (The Voice Of The National), and I have eaten about three bowls full.  I figure my diabetes can deal with it if I just decline to check my glucose levels.
 
Now, this bitch I like.  Her name is Depahl's I'm Just Sayin'.  That is what you want in a bitch, style, size and great side-gate.
 
Philip Morre is in there with a very very nice sable that moves as good as you could want.  It is Cauz'n Trouble.  And now Sylvain Genereux with Maja's Black Diamond. I think all we have now is the move-ups and the riff raff.
 
Now the move-ups, veterans, puppy, and winner's bitch.   I forgot to mention that Bart has shaved his head and has a full white beard. With an electric blue Zoot Suite, it is a real fashion statement.  I like it, but he needs a wide brimmed blue hat with an eagle feather.
 
Zelda looks great.  Paula Cooke is wandering the halls and wants to show Harley Davidson again.   Tony again told me how to change my computer. If I hung around with him more, I might learn something.
 
I think we may be having dinner with Stacy and Barbara, and Donna and Twyla. We could do that back home, but we want to start acclimatizing ourselves to California. Pat Draper came by to talk about selling dinner tickets. I am trying to give you the news to keep everyone interested. What more could you ask of the BLOG?
 
They are going to start cutting soon. I hope.  Bart keeps making notes, and now he bring out another bitch Kennelwood's Morning Jewel. That is about as stylish as you can get, and she is colored dark black and tan.  Very nice bitch.  I don't know her handler, but he does a fine job of showing her off.  The crowd loves her too, and seeing her move explains why. She should be in the top few.
 
Now Zelda. They have done a lot with her in performance, and also as a Grand Champion.   She won the Veteran class.  CDX RAE AX AXJ AXP AJP NFP OF TC CGC.  Nice bitch at any age.
 
Now the nine and over class bitch.  Golddigger. She is nine years old.  The crowd likes the old bitches.  So do I.  They don't show their age at all. It feels like people want something to shout about, and they did so for the veterans.
 
There goes the last class, and now we start cutting.
 
The climate here in the building is all you could ask for. A bit cold for bikini wearing, but perfect for a dog show.  I am fully dressed by request.
 
Now the first group comes in and each takes a pass.  Bart is looking at his notes and will start cutting.
 
Now he pulls Patti, Lenny, Mike, and another so he kept four.  Now the next group.   Another eight. Chyan came by to return the phone belonging Diane Mehra.   And the bitches keep going and now the cuts come.  Bart pulls Joanne, Elizabeth Bill Basu, and Anya, and the rest to the corner of death.  They get a chance to be a 'zombie' later.
 
On to the next group.  Eight more, dreaming of going Grand Victrix still in their heads.  He pulls Alex, Zac, Christy and Lindsey.  Another group.  Zac is running out of the ring. I can't imagine why. Another group.  Eight more. I am not a fan of what he is doing. I can't believe in each eight he only wants four. What if there are five or only two that are of the quality to keep?  I can't believe each group of eight has four to keep.  But, again, I am not judging.
 
Now to cut to the quick, not to be confused with Nestles Quick.  He pulls Leslie, Olivia,, Bill Tank, Kent, Jessica and another.  He listened to my Blog and stopped just with four.  This is the next to the last group.  Eight more.  Bart looks at them individually and then they stack and he looks over his notes.  Sylvain is the last, and now they stack and let the hearts beat.
 
He pulls Diane, Elizabeth, Scott, Morris and Sylvain. Sylvain has an all black.
 
Now, in comes the last group, thank god.  Eight more.  We bred the bitch with Nancy, so I hope she gets picked at least the first round.
 
He pulls George, Zac again, and they start changing bibs and kept on of the veterans and not the Winner's Bitch. Nancy runs over to the dump group to go on a bitch.  22 in the next to out now, so he kept the rest so far. He might find something pleasing here. I find I don't much care.
 
NO, they all go out. And the crowd cheers. I never did understand that. I also didn't like it when I injured myself in Del Mar in the ring and when they took me out on the cart the crowd cheered. I think they were glad to see me leave the ring.
 
Around they go, the second half of the almost over for this show.  The crowd wants him to keep the Winners Bitch, and so Bart takes her around again, to please the rest of us.  He points at her and she heads off to the good place.  The rest get sent home for the year.
 
Now he brings out the fabulous keepers, 29.  He thinks those are all good enough to make the cut, much as he did with my dog.  It is still all about me.
 
Off goes the first ten.  He sends the other 19 outside the ring.  And looks over that ten.  There they go one at a time.  No one can say they didn't get a good look.  He has three groups, so if he pulls four from each group, that appears to me to be twelve. But, I was never good with math.
 
Camera Ready takes a pass. That should be a top quality winner. 
 
Bart checks his notes, looks at the bitches, and has them go around again.  And he pulls 6 (making Tish, Lenny, Elizabeth, Bill, Michael, Alex very happy) and sends the other 4 home.  Out come the next set of 10.  Once around, and Bart is ready to do more cutting.  And this set he keeps 4 (Christy, Leslie, Olivia, Kent); and the rest go home.  Last set of nine are in the ring.  The Winners Bitch Morning Jewel goes around to a lot of applause.  Bart asks him to go again, and nods his head at what he sees.  He keeps 6, including the Winners Bitch.  He now has 16 in the ring.
 
Bart has the 16 keepers huddle up as he gives them further instructions. He so far has kept 16.  Three are Select Excellent.  I don't know if he will go that deep. He is taking them all down and back right in front of me, and being taped.  I love that Celeste has her bitch still here. She looked great and even if he cuts, I think she will make it.  She has such a disappointment with Exxon, she deserves this, Pat too.
 
Each down and back and they all look good to me.  Now the Winner's Bitch. She was cut, but the crowd went wild and he brought her back like Phoenix rising from the ashes.
 
There they stack all 16 of them.  He says take them around. They all take a pass and Bart watches them for about ten feet of the pass.  He hasn't placed them yet, and the crowd is still behind the winer's bitch. That is an awfully large group, but I think he should just go with it.
 
Now each one, one at a time.  I don't know if he intends to cut any or not.  Bart looks at them each all the way around, and nobody knows if there is going to be another dump. I don't think so, I think he just has to arrange them.  That could be interesting.  It is quarter to six, and we need to catch a flight tomorrow.
 
Now he takes the last four, then the next to the last four, and the next four until he gets to the top.  It is nerve wracking but now he is going to keep them all in, that keeps us from the cardiac ward.
 
He makes no changes, takes Scott and Alex and moves Alex up to ninth or so,  and now he goesto the bitches he has in fourth through seventh. Now to the  to the top or first three.
 
He has the top three and moves Angel to fourth.  And there go those three with Kent in fifth.
 
Now the first three, Mike, Lenny, Winner's Bitch and Phil Car's Angel V Wingait.  Frank Fasano is yelling at Rose, whoever that is.  Second for now is Winsome's Heiress V Depahl. It sure gets quiet in here when no one is moving. I think it is just between first and second. Each head off one at a time. 
 
Mike moves to the front with Dershimer Alea V-Elite Design Tokay.  Kathy Potter had the Grand Victor, will she have the Grand Victrix too?  Only time and Bart will tell.  Second is now the Winner's Bitch and the crowd is wild for her.  Now Lennie wiuth Heiress, not as much crowd, but my favorite.  And He moves 528 up.  And that is it, Grand Victrix is Dershimer Alea V Elite Design Tokay.
 
The placings are 618,, 525, 528, 615, 658, 659, 635, 611, 644, 508, 613, 660, 645, 628, 643.
 
What a show. Some heartache, some joy, some fun and some not so much.
 
On to next year.