Saturday, October 11, 2014

So, now it begins

When the twilight is gone!
 
It is going to be an exciting day.  I got here about 6:00. Kelly Sevalas was here already, and the place is abuzz now.  Paula Cook just came by with one of those O'Connor sons, Harley Davidson, the same as Kierk.  They wanted to bathe Kierk early and Art is going to let me go in with him and the bib to hold him to check in.
 
Art has two special males, so with an entry of 50, a lot will be outside until it is there turn.
 
Everyone has dreams today, and a few will be realized. I was not able to sleep and you would think after doing this for 45 years, it would be more relaxed, but the nerves remain. Perhaps were they not there, it would not be s much fun.
 
I have been thinking of some of the memories of the years past, and those who won't be here this year, and then who will be with us next year. I always go outside when they ring the bell, but last year I stayed and put on my sun glasses. Not that I tear up, (I am way too manly for that), but I don't want to take the chance. 
 
We tested the microphone and got rid of the base.  Bob, (The Voice Of The National) is so macho, that his voice was garbled. I had them put in more treble.  I understand they are going to show a video of Don Smith singing the National anthem in 1992.  Bobbie found it for us and converted it to use at our show.
 
OK, I have driveled enough without mentioning Kierk.  What a day this will be. I am down to hoping he makes the first cut.  I was talking to Sandy and there is a chance Bobbie will continue. They are starting to treat him as a human being now, and maybe we can find a way to do a little more and keep him doing this.  Gary and Patti are here and it looks like a dog show.  Gail Stifferman just stopped to talk about some stuff, and the tension is building.
 
It is time for me to stop stressing, walk around and get ready for the Big Show.  I listened to people who said what they wanted so I went and got new candy.  I see Bill Tank and I may try to go to White Castle one more time.
 
Cappy came by and so I am going to go see my second best friend.
 
 I love the sound of blow dryers in the morning.