Wednesday, October 08, 2014

6-9 puppy dogs

 
Enough fun. I went to eat, walk Kierk, and talk. I so seldom talk to anyone.
 
The six to nine puppy dogs are in there now.
 
They are all in there, and it is quite a class.  Eleven if I count correctly.
 
Tony, Bob and I are here and now Pan Stoesser came by for candy.  If we didn't have candy, no one would talk to us.
 
What a rag tag of puppies. Some high but, some bouncing all over, some looking all mature, and some just strange. I already have picked my winners, but again, no one asked me.
 
I like the first one LI'LIS Gunners mate.  Lana Lee talked to me about funding the video.   Jane Kerner is sitting with me, and there are two Captain American litter mates in there.  I am seeing a lot from him I like.
 
Jammie is in front of us to double the first Bellagio son. At six months he is as big as his father.  I do like the Captain American puppies.  Butch Steifferman is here.  And our dogs are bugging the agility dogs, and they are right next to us.
 
Judging continues.  Do you notice as the days go on, I pay less attention to the show ring.  There are only four in the ring, and Scottie is in front, then another, it might be Anya Dobratz., Mike and Lenny.  I notice mostly good temperament, even on puppies.  Michel puts Scottie in the center for the individual.  That is Rough Rider, and looks fully mature. Everything seems good, and there he goes down and back. We are directly behind them going down and back. Carmen came to sit with me, and is talking to me.  I like that.  Carmen has some great idea and we talked about breeding.
 
Michel is picking and dismissing.  Rick Whelker walked in front of me, and in the ring is a second group of five, and they move around. This place is full and he pulls Scottie and Lenny and excuses Mike and another handler, and he looks at those two and brings in another group.
 
There are four in there. Bill Basu goes to the great group and so does Ken, and Then There Were six.
 
Helen Gleason came by and gave me a kiss. I knew there was a reason I liked dog shows. Georgie is in front, al, Then Liz, Scottie. Standing off to the side is Lenny, Bill and Kent.  It sure is loud from the Agility, not so much here.
 
There go the first four again, and very different type. I prefer Liz' dog so far, but there they go again, still Georgie in front. I see Carolyn Martello doubling, and off goes this group.  Now the last three, and Lenny Bill, and Kent.  Man, bouncing, pulling relaxed, what a difference.  Lennie on a full 12 ft. lead.  Michel walks to them and they line up.  He is looking them over, puts Kent in front, the Scott, Liz, George and looks over the other three, and I am not sure he likes any of them.  Now he looks at just the first four, with Kent in front.  And he wants them slow and easy and Kent lets his dog charge, and Lennie is keeping up, Liz with a loose lead and he moves Liz to number two with George behind.  I don't think the other three are in the running.  And, he takes the fab four around again.  Wisconsin Badger, A Captain America son, in front, and George goes to number two.  The first dog is called Cobra, and I had heard about him from Jane, he is a super dog. Yes, he wins the class, 319, 302, 318, and 310.
 
On to the Bitches.