Monday, October 06, 2014

The National

We made it here to St. Louis. It was an exciting day.
When we got to the airport parking, (there is free parking for Mercedes), there was no one there. Also we found one of us, (I won't say who), left the medication at home.  We were an hour before the flight, but it was two hour to go home and come back.
They finally showed up to get us to the gate, and I had one of my secretaries go to our house, get the medicine and overnight it to us.  I won't say it saved a lot of money, but we called to pick up the prescription here and it was $600.00.
The grounds look great. Most people will miss the turn, but that is only the first time.

I got to see Dawn VanDykman make a great run in agility, then Smith went in with Rhonda, (Ron) and did the same thing.  I ran into Karen Taylor. She had no problem getting in with a 500 crate.  I guess it was just getting the airlines to admit it.  They wouldn't do it from LA.
 
Sam Colven and Joyce Ebert came in as we headed to the grocery store. We got enough food to stay in the room for the week. I might do that.
 
The highlight so far was Paula with Harley Davidson. He still looks like a young dog, and was in Veterans last year. I think he may be shown again.  He remember Tedi and also made a fuss over me.  I like that in a dog.  And, even Paula remembered who we were.
 
I put my hands on a magnificent male, and then realized it was Promise Keeper. There is a dog that screams type every time you see him.
 
Now I am in the room, and unless I decide to just stay in, there is a dog show tomorrow.  It has the looks of another great National.
 
I got to thinking, (always a dangerous thing with me), about who would go Grand Victor.
 
I think Stevie has a great shot,and I would love to see Jane Kerner with another Grand Victor, and he is a fantastic dog. Jane remains one of my favorite people to see.  But, I am going to try to beat her with an Asgard dog., The "K" Dog. 
 
 Then again, I understand Koby is being shown, and he always was high on my list, and since Bart gave him Canadian Grand Victor, he should be a favorite. 
 
Maybe they will show Megabucks to go Double Grand Victor, and I like that dog a great deal.
 
And, although it may be a secret. I think Exxon could take the big title.
 
Of course, it could be none of them.
 
There are going to be a lot of good dogs, and one of them will win.