Wednesday, October 11, 2017

15-18 month dogs

Now we have dogs.  It is not a great big group, but what beautiful dogs.  Only eight, but great quality.
 
I see all the big name handlers, and I like the dog in front, Kid Rock.  I also like Olivia's dog.  Diane Brown walked by, not in the ring.  Kid Rock cocks his head as John looks him over. I love the look of him. Great body. So far, that is the dog I would want to take home.
 
Now Kent goes out to meet John with We Love To Trump That. Never mind the politics of the name, I don't think it was meant to be that.  But Jeffrey Moebius is involved, so who knows?
 
I might be getting tired but these first two dogs blow my mind.
 
Now George with Whiskey Cowboy.  George goes to the end to get a full run. 
 
Another dog,and now Twyla came back to sit with me.  We have been friends for over 40 years. Our birthdays are a few days apart the same year. It amazes me how much younger than me she looks.
 
Scott is out there with One Way Out.  I notice so many of the dogs are from the same breeders.  Olivia has the last one in the class, Gustoff.  The handlers are yelling at the owners to get ready. 
 
Liz comes out, out of tern.  I have trouble now telling Liz from her daughter  Maria. Maria is all grown up, and Liz has never changed.  What an interesting situation.  Liz gestures to her owner, and I see more coming in.  Now, I could go back and change what I said as there seems to be more dogs, but then what good would it be to say I like a dog and then have it win? I could just go back and change my predictions.  But I promise no tricks or lies.  That was teh last one,and they stack.
 
If I were to select from the stack it would be Kent. But, movement does count.  I still like Kid Rock.  John walks with his hands behind his back and lookks at Kid Rock and then moves down the line. Kent's is too anxious and fidgets, but still is a special type.  John walks to the front and says take them around and off they go.  George too has a great one.  John moves George to the front, then Kent, and then Kid Rock.  He moved George right after I said what I liked, and then Scott and Liz in front of Kid Rock.  I guess I am not as smart as I think I am, and tell others.
 
Off they go.He moves Kid Rock to fourth. What a thrill.  I have to admit I do like the others, and now Kent goes to the front, and YES Kid Rock to third. In front is Welove To Trump That, and John tells them to stop and he walks to the front, looks everyone over and George is trying to stare him down.  Didn't seem to work, but he wants them around and the end of the ring,the last four. Even those are good dogs. John goes back to look at them again and this might be it.  Kent in front George and Kid Rock.  No. He looks them over again. Those first three are all spectacular, he leans down to look at Kent's, now Kid Rock, and the crowd is behind him.  John stands back. this is a very rough class to judge.  I know his brain is hurting and he says take them around.  This must be it, John is concentrating and he puts George in front with Whiskey Cowboy.  And off they go again and John says slow down,and that's it.
 
1.  Whiskey Cowboy
2.   Tatum's Welove To Trump That
3.  Braunhaus Kid Rock
4.   Caretti"s One Way Out