Thursday, October 12, 2017

American Bred Bitches

I know it doesn't show, but I took a break.  I got to talk to Linda Ferguson. That is always a high point for me at the National. 
 
I noticed on the outside of the men's room door is a sign that says, "push here to operate".  I guess dog people need that. And then, inside there are two vases of fresh flowers.  Just stuff I don't often see.
 
The bitches are in there, and Pam is wearing a black gown that goes to the ground.  Interesting.  OK, I admit it, she looks spectacular.
 
The winner of the Open Long Coat Dog was Symphon's Dark Crystal.  A very plush coat and a good one.
 
Pam moves Lenny up front with Signature's Rosalita, and in comes the next group.
 
It is sort of quiet in here and leading the group is Kent.  Then Diane and everyone is sort of waiting to see what happens.  I like the males better than the bitches. There are a few super stars, but in the males there were a least a dozen dogs I would love to own.
 
Kent has Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.  Now, her I like. I would like to see her slow, however. Now Diane with That Old Black Magic.  The lack of interest is amazing. I am not sure what people are waiting for. Maybe tomorrow. 
 
Rita bought me a cushion.  I think she recognized I have no padding.  Bob Gheglari is sitting with Tedi and Bill Leornard is sitting next to us.  Dave Rinke is in front and Mary Ellen Kish has the Judge Certificates and no one seems to come by to get them.  Joan Fox just came by. Nancy Hubble came by but just to get candy.  There goes Joey, He and Manny won Breeder of the Year.
Lenny is here talking to Cathy Potter.
 
I saw Ann Schultz yesterday, but not today. 
 
Cindy Tellefson is in the ring with C C Rider.  Bob Mahia is here,but has Agon for Specials, so he is quiet.  Agon is the sire of the fourth place Open Dog.  We also have an Agon son at home, but didn't bring him because he is too young.
 
Even I have lost interest in the show, but there they go with Kent in front.  And now, a second pass.  You have to be in great shape to show at the national. Even more if you handle.  She moves Scott to second and sets them aside.
 
Now the first group back.  Why do Reeses Peanut Butter cups have an extra cup inside after you open the package?  Now Martha Rinke is here.  She said my microphone is breaking up, so I have to check that.  Linda Bankhead got $2,500 for the Juniors.  Sharon Avery worked to boost the donations.
 
Another entry excused.  Pam said she wants to check the catalogue to see if it is bloodlines.  I talked to John and he noticed it. They  both said there were a lot of level bites. We may have to watch that in our breeding program. 
 
George has Play With Fire.  A nice bitch with no reaction from the crowd.  Now Paige is out there with Holy Terror. What a great handler she has become.
 
Now Elizabeth Stiefelman with Fly Me To The Moon. Elizabeth is as hard working as her mom and dad and was a great help in me announcing.  She never stops working. 
 
Tedi and Twyla are hitting the road after Special Males, and I leave early Saturday morning. So, if anyone needs a ride to the airport, let me know. I plan a delicious dinner Friday night at White Castle.
 
A group of four in the ring and Pam puts George and Paige in front of Mike and Elizabeth. Easy to type.  Now in comes the fist group of six, and the second group of (I can't see through seven double handlers. 
 
Pam looks them over and sends the first group around.  Lennie in front then Olivia, and off they go. Now people wake up.  They keep moving and I don't think Pam meant them to.  She walks to them and puts the first three asice and excuses the last three. Now the second group with Kent in front at a full trot.  Nice outline on Kent's and he takes a second pass.  She should let the last four go.  She puts the first two aside and takes the last four around. Everyone gets a look.  Yes, Pam agrees with me, and excuses the last four.
 
It is easy to see what she is doing , and now the last group of four.  I would keep two and excuse two. But, no one asked me to judge.  Amazing, she keeps two and excuses two. Then there were seven. All high quality.
 
Lenny leading then Olivia, and then the rest. And they walk and again another pass.  Still walking and Lenny's bitch is starting to give out, and up front is Kent, then Scott and still Lenny, and off they go.  I like it like that but when Lenny's bitch is on, she is special.  But, that's it.
 
1.  Welove Du Chien's Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
2.  Breal-Jogra's Thalia
3. Signature's Rosalita
4.  Tara's Undeniable V Franken